What Game Speed do you play on?

I switch between epic and marathon for SP games, online and standard for MP. For SP, it is about fully enjoying the earlier eras and not speeding through.

Things take a lot longer to build, research, recruit, etc.

but aren't they still the same, in terms of how many years they take. so in effect the game has been slowed down, building is the same (related to the years) but troops move much faster (due to years) ?

Online, of course.

Impossible to play other speeds, we won't have the time to finish the game, even Online already some players leave far before the ending.

Impressive that so many play on the longer speeds.

I play marathon for my first two or three games after the game comes out or an expansion is released. After that, only online speed for me.

I normally play using the Time x3 mod, though sometimes I set it to quick speed, so I think it comes out to like 2x standard on balance. I sometimes tweak unit and building costs to be half-price too - when that happens I see huge armies being built, can get quite scary sometimes :D

Not that you had a choice but I have played standard every single time since Civ 1. I rarely even change the map type.

I almost always play Standard.

I've messed around with the two faster speeds, since my games take me days to play out, but I don't enjoy them as much.
The game was clearly balanced for Standard.

Always played on epic in older civ games, but I feel that since R&F the game is unbalanced on slower/faster speeds due to era score.
Haven't tried with the new patch yet, tho

I played standard and epic in civ 5. When 6 came out I played standard. Tried one epic game and abandoned it. Now I only play quick and online for multi-player.

Top Bottom