What happened to the online members list?

Title says it all. There used to be a box near the top of the screen that listed all the members that were seeing that forum. What happened to it? Is it gone for good?

I think it was an interesting feature, please don't turn it off.

The admins turned it off for the time being to save server resources IIRC.

So that means it's gone? :cry:

But, really, such a function would really cripple the server? It's just a simple daemon...

It does help somewhat, to have this feature turned off when the servers are extraordinarily busy, as they have been lately.

I doubt it's gone for good; I recall this was done on a couple of previous occasions, but was restored later.

So that means it's gone? :cry:

But, really, such a function would really cripple the server? It's just a simple daemon...
Considering the problems the server had recently due to the sheer number of new people logging onto the forums something needed to be done to avoid lag. While this is only a small program, it does take up a LOT of room when you consider we've had more than 3,000 people online lately. That adds up.

Civ5 happened.

Should I take it from the mods' answers that it's coming back once the hype about Civ 5 has passed?

Should I take it from the mods' answers that it's coming back once the hype about Civ 5 has passed?
It has happened before with Civ4 (and it's expantions) IIRC> I'm sure it would pass and things would return back to the pre Civ5 hype...

...I hope

You can expect it to return as soon as the load on the server eases.

Top Bottom