[GS] What happens if you Request Aid at the World Congress after you are hit with a Natural Disaster?

How do you even request aid after a natural disaster? I've had countless occur, but I've never had the opportunity to request aid. Is there a damage threshold you need to meet, I wonder?

I did one in my current game (because New Game Mechanics not because I needed it), and yeah every once in a while I'm getting "trade offers" where civs are offering money or GPT for nothing. I'm like "thanks dude I'll throw it on the pile."

I've been on the receiving end.. a mega colossal eruption (I guess that would be VEI 7?) brought my 8 pop city to 3. The Send Aid project provides 2 GPT and 8 gold; it is worth 50 points. There are also outright gold gifts - those are valued at 1 gold = 1 point.

One weird thing . . . right around the time the emergency ended, I suddenly started getting random threats from civs for small amounts of GPT or lump gold. I wonder if it's tied to the emergency or maybe the text in the message is wrong.

Top Bottom