What IS First Strike exactly?

Someone said don't run the combat sim in game in order to calculate the odds.

I agree, however.... do run the combat sim by copying your code elsewhere and generate a large table of odds, and store it in a file.

To determine combat odds in game, look up the appropriate predetermined table entry.

You may not find a perfect match in the table for a particular match-up, but you should be able to find the closest matches and split the difference.

(The above thought though was for one on one fights not the stack vs stack fights mentioned as a future possibility. Stack vs stack might make the number of pair up combos to precalculate untenable)

Interesting concept, which could be a good math check. But generally, the way the odds mechanism works now would be nice to continue with - an absolute model of statistical mathematics. Statistical math CAN encompass everything I'd like to do but the difficulty factor for some of it is truly immense. So it'll take a lot of thinking, pounding my head against a wall, crunching numbers, sharing those figures, and starting with a more thorough understanding of the all too algebraically expressed odds calculations we already have in the code. In short, it's going to take a herculean patience and methodical rationale to work it out.

@Faustmouse:
Ok, so I compiled the lists you and DH made into one google doc located here!

Check it out... there's a scant few that were missed in the evaluation (which is fine though I was wondering if the Mjolnir promo had any first strike interaction) and we could also use some consideration of which promos would have added Capture Probability and Capture Resistance (and I'm sure we could use some designs for new promos that do offer these abilities as their core purpose.)

dont forget that u have a limited numbers of arrows ,bullets or shells for rifle

so if u make a first strike ( mean for me - u are faster then ur opponent ) so u kill some his guys before they aim at you
but later

THEY NEED RELOAD THEM - and in this moment if we attack the second on third unit in the same target with first strike it should be combat "hand to hand" or our rifles vs their unloaded rifles / bare hand

it should looks

3 axemens vs 1 archer who dig on hill

first fight
archer with bonus first strike vs axemen ( so before axemen finnaly go to fight hand to hand they lose some % of health

second fight
axemen vs archer instant hand to hand

third
aganist axemen vs archer ( if he survived) with first strike bonus

@Faustmouse:
Ok, so I compiled the lists you and DH made into one google doc located here!

Check it out... there's a scant few that were missed in the evaluation (which is fine though I was wondering if the Mjolnir promo had any first strike interaction) and we could also use some consideration of which promos would have added Capture Probability and Capture Resistance (and I'm sure we could use some designs for new promos that do offer these abilities as their core purpose.)

If you put the link to the doc in your sig we wont loose it. ;)

Mjolnir has no first strike interaction.

Done!

Perhaps Mjolnir should benefit throwing units in some way... Mjolnir being Thor's Hammer, a throwing and melee weapon that returned to its wielder. I take it the promotion is mostly a matter of units wishing to fight and 'be like' Thor and taking inspiration from his combat style.

Done!

Perhaps Mjolnir should benefit throwing units in some way... Mjolnir being Thor's Hammer, a throwing and melee weapon that returned to its wielder. I take it the promotion is mostly a matter of units wishing to fight and 'be like' Thor and taking inspiration from his combat style.

Tor did not throw his hammer often but did hit hard. The throwing and his turning blond seem to be modern (post Victorian) interpretations. (He was a red head in the eddas.)

Top Bottom