What is optimal tech path to Druidism?

Vendayn

Warlord
Was playing as Sioux, was 1 turn away from Druidism...and the Aztecs took it. So I quit the game. After 400 turns to get to it, I was kinda ticked I lost by a turn.

The way I did it, was go to the tech tree and select Druidism. But that I guess isn't optimal at all, it researches tons of other stuff and that failed.

I looked at the tech tree, but have no idea how to get to Druidism the fastest. It keeps having me learn other stuff, but I did that before and it didn't work.

So, any suggestions on how to get Druidism?

Was playing as Sioux, was 1 turn away from Druidism...and the Aztecs took it. So I quit the game. After 400 turns to get to it, I was kinda ticked I lost by a turn.

The way I did it, was go to the tech tree and select Druidism. But that I guess isn't optimal at all, it researches tons of other stuff and that failed.

I looked at the tech tree, but have no idea how to get to Druidism the fastest. It keeps having me learn other stuff, but I did that before and it didn't work.

The Research Advisor way is (I presume) the quickest way to get there. But if someone else is beelining it as well, it will depend on who techs faster. On the highest difficulty levels (as an example), it may not be 'humanly' possible to tech as fast as an AI. Apart from such penalties, it will depend on how good you are at building commerce, and how suitable your starting terrain is for that. (And Great Prophets, if you get any that early)

Of course, you may play a game where none of the AIs beeline that religion.

It's not the end of the world if you miss out on it btw. You can always take their holy city by force.

ETA: 400 turns to Druidism? This must be Eternity speed is it? Playing something a bit faster will at least reduce the time wasted between ragequits...:p

I'm playing on the GEM map, on Noble and on snail speed.

Guess there isn't a quicker way to get Druidism.That is too bad.

The research advisor path will be the least-cost path, BUT that may not be the QUICKEST path, since some side-branches (or re-ordering) can allow you to increase your science output by enough on the way to compensate for the higher overall path cost. Examples would be:

1) Getting cooperation early so as to be able to take advantage of myth research boosting ASAP
2) Getting tracking early so as to enable more efficient hunting, which both helps your production (so you can build science buildings faster), and increase you animal subdue (and therefore myth building) rate
3) Getting cultural identity (or is it ritualism - I forget) early so as to enable elder councils, which are a HUGE early game research booster
4) Getting captured fire and the golden age that stems from it at a helpful time
5) Doing techs that increase research output from the stone tools workshop sooner than you might otherwise (e.g. - scraping, piercing, etc.)

Overall, I am not sure what the best route to druidism is (I tend to just try to maximize my research output, but without any specific early goal apart from tribalism, but since I normally play ion immortal or deity there is no way I could ever get druidism first anyway, so it's a slightly different situation)

Thanks for the advice :) I'll go that route next game.

Having said that, I actually picked the science trait for my leader (GEM lets you choose), and that sped up research a lot. So, I was able to get it really quick. But if I had traits on at start, that advice is very useful.

Koshling brings up some nice points. One thing I love about this mod is that there is no sure way to do things. Features like subduing animals can give you some big wild cards. And where you settle your city can also effect how well you progress. Not to mention what traits your leader has.

I have played C2C many, many times and I have never had the game go the same way twice. Even with frequently playing as the same leader, speed and map type. Even my setting have been similar too. Thre are just so many variables.

Top Bottom