1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What is wrong?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by Scarwood, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Scarwood

Scarwood Chieftain

While i was playing i checked my ranks it was good 1-2 except population it was rank 4

BUT my approval rank was 13! and then i thought i must be doing something wrong. there are even players who lost their capital whit better rank (9 capitals left).

So any ideas what i should do to get better approval?

2. Trickster7135

Trickster7135 Prince

Approve means how much excess happiness you have... unless you're going for a cultural victory, you want to hover your approval rating around 0 to maximize population growth and happiness resources and buildings. So you're actually doing good, although I would invest in more happiness so your population climbs higher, and maybe a few maritime city-states or farms.

3. Nunya

Nunya Warlord

Approval is 60% + (happiness * 3%).

4. loveandpolitics

loveandpolitics Chieftain

If you play on a high difficulty level the penalties you get versus the bonuses the AI gets makes a big impact on approval rating. Nothing to worry about though, as long as your unhappiness is not too high.