What is your preferred map size and speed?

Standard Standard, while I'm still getting back into it, but I'm also partial to a Standard speed Huge map (16 civs) now and then. Struggle to finish those games though, since even the early turns are a little slower

I really find any map that is bigger than Standard (and even that sometimes) to be too annoying to play on Standard speed. It never feels like there is enough time to move units around or take advantage of some UUs.

Standard / Standard / Pangea. Sometimes Standard / Standard / Continents, but even that can get wonky. Standard / Standard / Pangea feels most balanced to me.

Planet simulator, wet (because too much desert otherwise), continents with wider coast, frequent and varied islands.
Large map, epic speed.

Standard & Poor Standard

Standard map is just about the right size to feel realistic and big, but small enough to be manageable in cities number.
Epic is still better for role-playing vibe, and early game in general I think, but it becomes too much of a drag after industrial era.
I feel like alternating standard and epic games every other game.

It's my first game of Civ 5 ever, so I am only playing on Prince, but I am playing epic speed on YnAEMP Giant Earth with TSL and 22 Civs, 11 CS! Long live the most voluptuous Catherine!

marathon and huge..... and by all the gods, my game slows down to a drip later on.

Top Bottom