What maps do you prefer to play on?

continents (would swap to earth/europe when that is available for large maps)
But i must say i had a lot of fun on the islands map when i wanted to get the achievement

continents (would swap to earth/europe when that is available for large maps)
But i must say i had a lot of fun on the islands map when i wanted to get the achievement
Have you tried Gedemon's mods? It's great fun on ludicrous size (230x115 hexes).

I like to either play continents and claim my entire continent as my own and play nice with the other civs, or play pangaea and wipe out my closest 1 or 2 neighbors (declaring all wars before the classical era because that's the way the rules are right now) and then play nice with the rest of the civs.

Take note: as I mentioned in the other thread, I prefer an above average start, not perfect but good enough to kickstart my game, and I used to have to re-roll over and over for days before I found an adequate start on continents or pangaea. Since trying the detailed world mod, I've rolled two maps, one detailed continents and one detailed pangaea, and both had good starts.

Island plates tends to be more challenging than continents/pangea in my experience. There's just not a lot of hills often times and production really suffers after the factory nerf. Also you tend to be more isolated so you can't easily take the AI cities from them, you have to actually out-build them.

Island plates tends to be more challenging than continents/pangea in my experience. There's just not a lot of hills often times and production really suffers after the factory nerf. Also you tend to be more isolated so you can't easily take the AI cities from them, you have to actually out-build them.
I don't know about that, get galleys and quadriremes and you can capture cites pretty easily

I'm well into a continents/huge/marathon map but unfortunately my decent ship building cities are all down one side of my continent and it takes 24 turns after building a sub to move it around to where the action is.

Last edited:
I play on huge maps with continents. I usually remove 2-3 from the maximum civs.

Top Bottom