What Mods would you most WANT to have?

qadams

Bohemian
Although I’m not a modder myself, I am a very active Civ player. I’ve logged more than 5,000 hours so far on Civ V, nearly all using various mods. (I began playing about 12 years ago, with Civ III.)

With Civ VI, which mods would you most like to have?

Of course, it’s still very early, and we don’t know how many of the features we get from our favorite mods may already be integrated into Civ VI, but there’s nothing wrong with speculating, right?

As for me, I can think of at least three mods I love to use and that I hope would become available fairly soon after the release of the new game. Those are:

1) Natural Wonders Maximum Spawn
2) Speedy Starting Settler
3) Wonder Race

How about you?

Events and decisions is my top "ask"; also really liked the health and plague, greatest cities and mercenaries mods in Civ 5, so it would be nice to see a return of those for Civ 6, assuming they're not already covered by Firaxis.

I would've said InfoAddict and EUI, but from what I've read and seen so far, it seems they're already being (at least partially) integrated into Civ 6.

Others that I'd like to have (if they're no also being incorporated into the base game) are Events & Decisions, Cultural Diversity, and Wildlife Reborn. As much as I like the Community Patch, I hope there's no need for it.

Culturally Linked Starting Locations. This was a feature included in the official release of Civ III and then inexplicably left out of both IV and V. Mods were created for both of those games to put them back in, and I find the games practically unplayable without them. Even though in V it does eliminate the terrain starting biases, I find it a worthwhile price to pay to at least have culturally similar civs starting nearer to each other rather than having the distribution of European civs, Asian civs, Middle Eastern civs etc. completely randomized. If they haven't finally restored the feature for VI officially, I'm hoping a mod for it will appear quickly.

ETA: Also, Events and Decisions. That's another mod I always have activated, because I miss the random events from Civ IV. E&D was clearly modeled on EUIV, which I also enjoy, and I like having that bit of flavor in Civ V. Given the aversion most Civ players have to randomness, they probably won't restore random events to VI, so I'll be eagerly awaiting the release of the E&D mod.

something like the old Rhye's and Fall of Civilization from the old Civ4.....spawn dates, AI placing cities in their real world location, AI expanding like they did in history (England to north America, Spain from Mexico and down), Civs falling & dissapearing after XXXX year like the Egypt, Aztecs, etc

Earth Map TSL! I got the picture from an Ed Beach interview that it might actually be included in the game. I loved Civ4 Earth18 scenario so I hope we get Earth right out of the box

Cultural start locations, if not included in the game.

City-state leaders: It's a simple mod, gives a leader portrait for each city-state (like Brussels gets Albert I etc.). Gives more personality to city-states.

Of course new leaders and civs, I want to have:
Austrian empire
Poland
Sweden
Kongo
Brazil
Canada
Australia
Buccaneers mod( love it in Civ 5)
Arstozka mod (papers please civ)
many more

I would LOVE a properly-balanced supply line mod. Make all units require "supplies" and use up X supplies per turn. These supplies would be created by cities each turn based on production, food and gold outputs of said cities, and stored in units for use. This means units would need to stop at cities every now and then to resupply. Units would have their own supply rates and max supplies, and there could possibly be a type of "route" unit that could ferry supplies between two points.

With that and the idea of how Pillaging and Forts could work, I can only imagine it being awesome.

Personally, I've wanted to make something like this for a long time, so Civ 6 will hopefully be the perfect place to put it into action. :)

Culturally Linked Starting Locations. This was a feature included in the official release of Civ III and then inexplicably left out of both IV and V. Mods were created for both of those games to put them back in, and I find the games practically unplayable without them. Even though in V it does eliminate the terrain starting biases, I find it a worthwhile price to pay to at least have culturally similar civs starting nearer to each other rather than having the distribution of European civs, Asian civs, Middle Eastern civs etc. completely randomized. If they haven't finally restored the feature for VI officially, I'm hoping a mod for it will appear quickly.

ETA: Also, Events and Decisions. That's another mod I always have activated, because I miss the random events from Civ IV. E&D was clearly modeled on EUIV, which I also enjoy, and I like having that bit of flavor in Civ V. Given the aversion most Civ players have to randomness, they probably won't restore random events to VI, so I'll be eagerly awaiting the release of the E&D mod.

Now that I think of it, a great idea IMO that a Civ 6 E&D could add for non-random Civ players could be seeded events balanced to be mostly equal to all civs.

EDIT: Oops, meant to add this to last post to avoid double post. Stupid enter button...

Now that I think of it, a great idea IMO that a Civ 6 E&D could add for non-random Civ players could be seeded events balanced to be mostly equal to all civs.
Hmm.... It might be possible to give events positive and negative scores, with negative scores increasing the chance of events with positive scores and vice-versa. I'll keep this in mind if I do get to port E&D over to Civ VI. Thanks! :p

The first mod I'll look for doesn't exist, because it will be the one which increases the density of forests. The trees are too few!

Then I'll look for the mod which forbids beelining the ages. Gotta research everything an age has to offer before starting a new one.

If the next leader images are terribly disgusting caricatures like the Roosevelt image, I will be looking for mods to fix them right away.

I hope, there will be something like TAM or FFH again with Civ6.

Sort of full conversions, with new/edited VC and new tech tree.

And bigger!

"Ingame Editor" It can be fun taking old saves and changing stuff to see how different a game can turn out after being tweaked.

I confess I'm going to be awaiting the first mods that replace Egypt's leader. If this game featured multiple leaders per civ, Civ IV-style (not definitively ruled out as far as I know, but not likely at this point either), then I wouldn't have a problem with Cleopatra being one of the options. Actually, if we had multiple leaders per civ, then I'd love to see an Egypt that had an ancient pharaoh, Cleopatra, a Mamluk sultan, Isma'il Pasha, and Nasser all available as choices. But if we only get one leader per civ, I think it's a shame to have Egypt represented by a leader chosen apparently for name recognition value instead of someone from the literally thousands of years' worth of pharaohs they could have chosen from. I'm sure at some point mods to replace her with the likes of Ramesses II, Hatshepsut, or Djoser will start appearing, and I'll be watching for them.

Also, the India split mod. Seriously, guys? Gandhi again? I'd really rather play as, or encounter, Ashoka or Akbar. Honestly I think he's only in at this point as a running gag (Gandhi loves nukes, hur hur hur) rather than out of any kind of respect or feeling that he represents India effectively. It's time for him to go.

I also hope the "Really Advanced Setup" mod makes its way into Civ VI. I love being able to decide which civs I don't want to see this time around. Like if I'm playing England and I'm wanting to do a colonial thing, it doesn't work as well to see America there. Or if I want this particular play-through to have a modern feel I can disable ancient-era civs. Honestly it's another of those mods that I always have activated nowadays.

Top Bottom