What new civs would you like to see added in an expansion pack?

Babylon
Israel
Ethiopia
Khmer
Vikings
Ottomans

Assuming theyll add roughly 8 or so in an expansion, Id like to see a good variety that represent a broader group of cultures.
Africa for sure, ethiopia would be good. Id like to see a return of the viking culture (fun fun fun) North american indian is a big one, Sioux, chippewa, etc.
Alot of the civs in C3 were nice. Anything to add variety. Dont want too many of the same type-- too many hostile warring civs or what not.

Byzantium
Korea
Iroquois
Maya
Netherlands
Vikings
And than I will be happy.

Sweden - Gustav Vasa and Charles XIV John could be the two leaders.

Korea would also be good, along with Turkey and Babylon. But as said previously, I would be glad if they focused more on new buildings, game modes, new features besides Civs and Leaders.

Oivind said:
As this game is probably going to be a bestseller we can be quite certain that there will be an expasion pack. If so, what Civs would you like to see added and why does that civ deserve to be in the game?

LET THE DEBATE BEGIN!

Maya
Toltec
Norse
Celtic
Babylon
Sumeria
Numidia
Carthage
Scythia
But I really really want a built in custom civ option.
you get no UU, but instead you get to pick the starting 2 techs, and the leader trait with some leader portraits to choose from. It will come with 4 sets of city names as well. ( so you won't have to name 20 plus cities each time you start a new game with a custom civ )
oh and since we now know that there really was a troy, and that their really was amazons ( who helped the trojans )
Troy with the amazon UU ( unless they feel that Scythia should have the amazon UU )

- Dutch
- Babylonians
- Celts
- Swedes
- Danes
- Koreans
- Phoenecians
- Italians
- Etheopians
- Zulus
- Byzantines

Vikings/Norse
Celts/Gauls
Turks- Ottomans (not the Central Asian turks)
Zulus
Babylon
Hittites
Iroquois

Oivind said:
I would not want the Dutch they have a history so similar to the French an English and they dont have the bite of the norsmen...
er the dutch are the norsemen :p

I don't really care about civs. I think 18 is more than enough. I wish they improve on other aspects of the game, such as combat or religion.

Actually non, I want a great expansion pack unlike the previous for Civ3.

I would love to see Alpha Centauri kinda expansion. And let the new civilizations, updates, bugfixes, throne room come in patches.

Incubuz said:
Actually non, I want a great expansion pack unlike the previous for Civ3.

I would love to see Alpha Centauri kinda expansion. And let the new civilizations, updates, bugfixes, throne room come in patches.

*points at name and pouts :p *

I'd like to see an expansion pack that focused on ancient civilizations of the middle-east, it could contain:
Sumerians
Babylonians
Assyrians
Hebrews
Phonecians/Carthaginians

mr foolhardy said:
I'd like to see an expansion pack that focused on ancient civilizations of the middle-east, it could contain:
Sumerians
Babylonians
Assyrians
Hebrews
Phonecians/Carthaginians
yeah sumerians would rock :D The word sin even comes form one of their gods :D ( who wasn't even evil btw ) So yeah Sumeria has an educational responsibility to be in this game :D My bad thats Babylonia.. :o Sumeria wopuld still rock though :D

Sumeria (The most important civ ever maybe)
Turks (including Middle Asia where they come from and don't forget Tamerlane)
Babylonians( In the name of Marduk)
Vikings(Great warriors i respect )
Phonecians(Gods of the trade and remember Hannibal)
Iroquois(Sweet Revenge)
Khmer(South east Asia hmm )
Celts(Brennus rules baby)

Okay this is my list of the civs I miss mots

Carthage
The Netherlands
Byzantinium
Babylon
Vikings
(The above list is all I played in C3C)
Other Importants civs that I think are missing
Sumeria
Turks
Khmer
Celts
Bantu People
Portugal

Seanirl said:
The Celtic leader could be Brian Boru or William Wallace. Or hey... both of them :mischief: In fact, just put Mel Gibson as their leader and we'll be set.

no way, the celts were pan-european :)
see here, and note that in the big version of the map there are two place names - one french and one austrian. *g*

SPQR300 said:
Turkey with better siege units. (cannon with 2 movoment points for example)

the ottoman empire should be in the game, but so should the austrian habsburg empire, which was one of the 4 (england, france, the holy roman empire and austria - or 5 if you include russia) major powers in europe for nearly 500 years [and stopped the expansion of the ottomans/turks into europe twice].

"germany" makes no real sense in the game since it was only founded as a nation state in the 19th century. prussia or the HRE, ok.

the warped weighing of european history is probably the fault of a very post-WWII generation coming up with the "historical" concepts.

for non european civs, some of the proposed only make sense in a 21st century frame, not as an overall influence on history. (vietnam? was a chinese dominated domain until the early middle ages, whereas korea has been influential and independent for much longer, see here).

Top Bottom