What should we do with the second hut?

On higher difficulty levels - I'm always hesitant to pop a hut until all nearby cities are defended.
On Emperor difficulty, our odds of getting barbarians are 65% (thank you Oystien) Full tabe of odds: here

And there's a good chance the 3 barbs will kill our warrior - and head for our cities - forcing us to scramble for defense, and costing us BIG time in our exploration efforts.

I vote - leave it alone till we have defense. (if we find a hut far enough away - then we could pop it. but too close to our early cities is a no-no in my book!)

pop it we are there so why not? pray for a tech and have mercy if barbs come.. maybe the barbs will get our warrior to elite :p

pop it. besides, half the barbs fortify, so we can foritfy ourselves and save up strength

pop it. Time to see the results of the first physic poll.

It is better to defend against barbarians than to attack. The defender always has a small advantage and can get a larger edge by using terrain... do our Presidents (current and upcoming) have NoAIPatrol set to 0 or 1 in their ini file? Depending on this setting, we can manipulate the barbs to have them attack us on favorable terrain.

Chamnix said:
It is better to defend against barbarians than to attack. The defender always has a small advantage and can get a larger edge by using terrain... do our Presidents (current and upcoming) have NoAIPatrol set to 0 or 1 in their ini file? Depending on this setting, we can manipulate the barbs to have them attack us on favorable terrain.
That is determined by the team that is playing last.

Chamnix said:
It is better to defend against barbarians than to attack.

no. you get a bonus when fighting barbarians; but that bonus only applies when attacking.

I'm almost positive that the bonus applies to defense as well. I wasn't sure, so I made a test game - chieftain level, raging barbs. I built a bunch of warriors and kept track of barb attacks. Here are the results:

When attacked by barbarian warriors (my defender was always a warrior on flat terrain not across a river):

My warrior won 8 times (each hp counts as 1 time)
Barbs won 2 times.

When attacked by barb horse (defender = warrior, flat terrain, not across river):

My warrior won 24 times
Barb won 4 times.

When attacked by barb horse (defender = warrior, flat terrain, across river):

My warrior won 16 times
Barb won 4 times.

Those results are incredibly unlikely without the chieftain barb bonus.

Good analysis Cham. Having read Generel_W's post again I am now fearful about the fact our cities are totally undefended and we are only producing settler & worker. We could be deep in the doodoo. Fingers crossed for tech, cash or victories. Have we popped it yet or not?

Top Bottom