• Civilization III

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RyanR75

Chieftain
I'd like to know what everyone is using in terms of Civ2 versions and which one is the best. I played Civ1, then went into "hibernation" for lack of a better term, then bought ToT. So my questions are: Which Civilization do you have/use the most and which in your opinion is the best?

Hmm... I got civ2 classic ages ago, I don't excactly remember when:bday:
Then, when ToT came to the shops, ibought it, but it wasn't as good as the classic one.
So, usually I play classic.

Hmm...so what are the differences between Civ2 Classic and ToT? I was poking around in the ToT files, found Council#.txt's but they don't seem to be used in the game. Maybe ToT just removed some features, and added graphics?

I am suprised how many actually play ToT mostly since the general view I have recived from these forums is that people prefer Civ 2 (normal) alot more than ToT.

I actually don't know which version I have. I bought it at Target for about $10. I think it might either be classic or gold but I am not sure.
All it came with was the game the map editor and a poster with advances terrain and units on it. Can anybody tell me which version it is?:confused:

I have the Classic Version of Civ2.
And I have Civ3 too! :D

yeah, I also have, besides ToT, Civilization 3... and to be honest, played only 2 games, first I got my sorry ass kicked very early, in second, it's 2000 already, and my knowledge is like middle aged... I'll have to study the manual and this boards harder:)

I have...
Civ I - cd wrecked won't work
Civ II classic
Civ II Scenarios (can't remember the full name)
Civ II Fantastic worlds
Civ II Test of Time- 2 copies
CTP I - 2 copies
CTP II
Civ III ordered awaiting delivery

Civ II test of time and CTP1 spare copies are available to anyone who wishes to cover postage. Please PM with details. fcfs.

ferenginar

Hey where is the all of the above option? I started with Civ I DOS then got Civ 2 classic when it came out and then FW when it came out. Finally bought MGE this past February, created this little patch a few peopple downloaded ;) , got ToT in like April and finished off my collection w/ a winning bid on ebay for CiC. Got civ 3 last month, still haven't finished my first game, though I have about 18 hours put into it. finally I refuse to get the CTP's as they are crap. I have played FW for the longest but I like the meanness of the MGE AI better.

The question was which version do use which means which version to you use mostly at the moment. Well thats how I viewed the thread anyway...

I installed Civ 2 Gold, but use the Fantastic Worlds disk because its the only one with all of the music tracks... (yes, that meant I had to copy all the wonder movies and herald animations to the HDD... worth it to get all the music IMO)... I also have Civ 3.

I have both the "Classic" Civ2, and Test of Time. I play TOT, primarily because my main PC runs XP, and it installs and plays without a hitch. Classic needs a fix for the Indeo drivers, and I never did get it working right on my Win2k machine.

Top Bottom