Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Huge

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Random

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
I was just informed by Eklektikos that the world size does indeed have a random option. If you click just below 'Huge', you get a random world size.

I wouldn't be suprised if it gave us a tiny world. :) The game would be over in 1 term!

Don't forget that not everybody can play on a huge world. My new monster doesn't have a problem with it, but a lot of people don't have the hardware for big maps (especially later in the game).

It already takes me forever to load the current save. And the size of the world maps I'd make would be huge. The one I made for 1800ad had most of our continent, and was 1.5 megabytes.

Huge is still winning in the one with the true random. ;)

Another thing to remember is the overall length of the game. A huge game will take MUCH longer to develop and play through. It will also mean a lot more work for the officials and more officials required (governors). We haven't had very good luck with filling up provinces lately. :(

if we get the mayors into more responsibility we could enlarge the provinces and therefor reduce their number.
maybe we could start with smaller provinces and "throw them together" over time (the other way round than we did last time!).

We've still got a problem with numbers, dis. We don't have the people to have a workable mayor solution. Especially when our world size (and therefor our city count) will be greater.

well,how many mayors do we have now? 10? this will be 10 less cities to handle for the governors. maybe if ppl get more things to do / influence they will go for those jobs. being a mayor is a perfect job for someone not being able to participate in the chat but still wanting influence on the game.
we could also define "couties" with 3-5 cities for which the "lord mayor" will be able to define the queues if we do not get enough mayors. then we could define a province should hold 5-6 counties.

also, if we go up with the city-count to 12 or higher for provinces, this could still be handled even without mayor-input.
having 12 cities in 7 provinces with mayors will lead to 84 cities to be managed.

Top Bottom