What's been up?

Mouthwash

Escaped Lunatic
Been a long time since I've been here. What's changed since my last visit? I think I used version 22, and I'm downloading 25 right now. Are the crashes better?

Wait a second. Why did my download finish so quickly? I left the room and it still had like an hour left, and when I came back a few minutes later it was done. The file is corrupted because it couldn't download everything. How do I fix this?

In response to the OP, we've added Viewports, which means that you should not experience many, if any more MAFs. In addition, we have Pollution, Disease, and various new content. Look at the FAQ and the Pedia for more info,

How do I install the new version? Do I remove the original first? If not, where do I put it? Sorry, it's been a while since I've used mods.

I see no one has answered my question about the download finishing prematurely. I tried a download manager, but the file was labeled a "DAP" download and won't work.

I see no one has answered my question about the download finishing prematurely. I tried a download manager, but the file was labeled a "DAP" download and won't work.

Many things can cause a bad D/L. So no one can answer specifically as to why. You will need to try again.

Did you have SVN back in v22? Or were/are you using the Official version release that StrategyOnly Posts a link to?

JosEPh

Many things can cause a bad D/L. So no one can answer specifically as to why. You will need to try again.

Did you have SVN back in v22? Or were/are you using the Official version release that StrategyOnly Posts a link to?

JosEPh

I used the official release. I tried like three times. Now I'm using a different manager, and it's most of the way through so I think it's all good.

In response to the OP, we've added Viewports, which means that you should not experience many, if any more MAFs. In addition, we have Pollution, Disease, and various new content. Look at the FAQ and the Pedia for more info,

As someone who never ever had a MAF problem, I still get AMAZING performance boosts, so there's also that ;)

Strat
Maybe you two should cooperate as to making the download a torrent to begin with?
Torrents don't cause any real trouble to be used per se, and they won't end in a broken download.
Also, they're much faster.

I'm using the SVN now, so it doesn't really matter to me, but back when I was getting mods just on the official releases, I didn't get anything that was by torrent. Maybe you could do it as an option, but I would strongly advise against doing it exclusively if you're looking to maximizing your audience.

WHY?
Anyways, there could be TWO options simultaneously.
And each can choose his best. :D

Top Bottom