When did you start calling shields hammers?

When did you call production hammers

• What, they're hammers, What are you talking about?

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • When cIV came out, I upgraded my vocab

Votes: 73 51.0%
  • I guess it was after one of the expansions came out

Votes: 15 10.5%
  • Never, They are shields dangnabit!

Votes: 18 12.6%

• Total voters
Ah, the original Civ had so many charming things that made no sense. Like Settlers being portrayed by covered wagons ... several thousand years before the advent of covered wagons, and before The Wheel at all for that matter.

It's getting votes, but no one has proudly posted their defiance of shield conversion yet.

I keep checking back to see the first person to do so. Come on, at least 1 out of the 14 people who have voted against calling them hammers should have a pair!

To be honest, I don't call the shields or hammers. I just call them production.

"Okay, I can make Pyramids. That's 1500 production."

I'm a freak, I know.

psyduck.gif

To be honest, I don't call the shields or hammers. I just call them production.

"Okay, I can make Pyramids. That's 1500 production."

I'm a freak, I know.

psyduck.gif

I voted that I called them hammers once Civ IV came out, but after the vote, I realized that i also called them production. It just makes more sense to me to call them production since you are producing things from your city.

It's getting votes, but no one has proudly posted their defiance of shield conversion yet.

i did! :)

now after this thread i call it 3 different things without a clear pattern. shields, production and hammers. I hope my subconsciousness (spelling?) makes a choice soon.

There should be an option of "I don't call them either"
I don't say "How many hammers will that cost" I say "How much production will that cost?" with the units being hammers. So I call it production for non-cost issues.

I usually just call them production, but when I call the something else, I call them shields.

I refuse to call them hammers, they shall forever be shields.

:goodjob:

I tried, but my subconsious mind was overcome, and now I'd have to force myself to call them hammers, which would just be rediculous. I figure since I subconciously use the cIV lingo, I should just accept it. Cuddos to you though for keeping up the good fight.

I instantly adapted when civ4 came. It makes more sense to have "hammers" instead of "shields".

i have never ever called them "shields", they were "production" for me ever since civ 1

I mostly call them "production", but I use "hammers" more than I ever used "shields".

The real question is, who draws a distinction between Commerce and Wealth and in what way do you draw it/don't draw it?

I do, as soon as I understood it. There is such a distinction. I don't usually call either gold cause that is too ambiguous.

I thought of them just as 'production', at least since Master of Magic. Even before, the shields seemed a little unintuitive to me.

Top Bottom