Where do I begin?

Gammon

Chieftain
So, I've been milling over an idea for a civ. It was inspired by a mini-campaign for the OS game Battle for Wesnoth, which involves some sentient slime slurping around devouring things.

Well now, I was looking through the inactive Jotnar module to get an idea of how a modular civ is built. Perhaps to even use them as a template. Obviously I am in over my head. :lol:

To the point now, I beseech thee community for assistance.:confused:

Tenative Feature List

• Sprawling "capital city" Primary Nodule
  • Secondary nodules limited to size 8 and 1 tile work distance
  • No commerce but, gains research from buildings and trade with nodes
  • Some sort of sludge improvement that spreads out
  • Units split off from node, giving a population cost as well as production time.
  • Defeated enemies make slimes that grow into stronger units
    (maybe adding to city pop)
  • Only 1 leader starting at minor, as it grows can gain diverging
    characteristics based on alignment. (crystaline units with lawfulness and bonus blobbiness for chaotic, EAT! EAT! EAT!)
  • Tie in alignment shift/leader upgrade to tech path (hunting + philosophy, Knowledge of the Ether + Philosophy, bronze working + hunting)
  • Cheerful unit names such as Squishling(melee), Squirt(archer), and Blob(recon)!

I thought I would start the neutral set first and fill out the divergent alignment paths later

I have lore ideas but I will save those for later. I was thinking of a debuff that causes % damage per turn for X number of turns, where the % damage was greater than bare healing in enemy territory but less than healing in friendly. Also to be removed when healed to full health.

Thinking about just bouncing thoughts into this thread as I twiddle along. So far I've got a seemingly decent xml editor, and I am looking through some tutorials.:crazyeye: Boy do I wish I could find pre-made templates. Looking through Mekara's unitinfos is instructive.

And, I am feeling burned out already. Defeated myself in this for now. Kinda late, took a break earlier played a game with Mekara and was promptly stomped on turn 17 by an 8 +100% str muris clan wolf rider. Taking a hint to get some sleep.

So a civ of slime eh? That might work. Don't try to achieve all in one day, slow and steady wins the race and all that. :goodjob:

Wasn't there someone who made a disease oriented civ by the way, what happened to that?

The Dagda's Tears civ was literally a slime civ that ate the world.

Well hell's bells I guess this was for naught, dagda's tears even has crystalized slime. I'll just go slink away to some whole and wither away.

:hammer2:

Well Valk, that's reassuring, as I only did a cursory search. I still feel somewhat lowly.

Top Bottom