Where'd the 3.13 change list thread go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would seem as though Firaxis never hears anything but complaints anymore. It always stems from an upcoming patch that people are "waiting" for. What Firaxis is hearing is not WAITING... they are hearing DEMANDING.

Complaining, whining, sniveling, not having a date for Friday night......

Finally someone has the courtesy to let loose a little information and everything spins out of control.

Will it ever end? Will people be satisfied with the UNGODLY important patch? Nah. That will only start new threads from people who are not satisfied with the patch. People who wanted something absurdly changed, people who havent got a date for next Friday night...

Seriously is all this worth it? We know they are working on a patch. We know some (if not most) of the issues people have are being tweaked fixed changed etc.... We know it is forthcoming.

Let it go. Be adults. This is a game, not your retirement fund.

OK Mr. Adult!!

sniveling, not having a date for Friday night

I'm married :nono:

Finally someone has the courtesy to let loose a little information and everything spins out of control.

Please read the post written by MATT a bit above yours at least (on Page 11). My views are not identical but his post and quite a few others may help to clarify things.

Edit: We know they are working on a patch. We know some (if not most) of the issues people have are being tweaked fixed changed etc.... We know it is forthcoming.

what source of information are you basing this statement on?
It was technically, albeit unofficially, rescinded, but we won't get into all that.

:shake:

My goodness. THE GAME IS NOT BROKEN, PEOPLE! Stop complaining and play a freakin game!

The game is broken. Go to the bug reports forum for BtS and you will see this.

I think most folks waiting for the patch would like to, but are not willing to invest more time and energy into a game that is going to likely end with a gamekilling bug, I know I am not.

My thoughts exactly.

I liked the analogy that someone made earlier about it being like playing chess with a missing pawn. Personally I also don't see the point in devoting time to learning (ie. playing) a game which is going to undergo a fairly substantial (and official) change soon anyway eg. corp maintenance and inflation.

@mrwhite89,
Sure one can get annoyed at people who are impatient, but it's unfair to criticize those who are complaining because their game is broken. Any business has to cope with the fact that there will be people who are rightfully dissatisfied with the product sold to them because it is defective in some way. It's not childish behaviour on the customer's part.

Indeed. The eyes of (insert another forum) are upon us! I didn't like the quaint, let's pat-each-other-on-the-back, elitist, let's gossip quietly-about-the-neighbors viewpoint over there to be honest, and I do have an open mind.

I was slightly surprised that CIV is the only game you play. I jumped here after a stint with Oblivion, where there was just more modding than playing for me but actually, the best forum I have ever been on. Top Notch stuff there. I love CIV and the Total War Series and that's about it (patch issues over there also). I like this forum and it is my distinct pleasure to have made your acquaintance along the way Sir.

Right back atcha! :hatsoff:

I wish I could find another game to play :( I've tried several others and I just can't get into any of them... World of Conflict is extremely overrated, EUIII is just boring and too eurocentric, everything seems to be either a RTS or first person shooter, and I'm not really interested in either of them.

This question will really show my ignorance about all other games, but is the Age of Empires series worth looking into? (**ducks for cover**)

So, "Monday or Tuesday" has passed and, surprise, surprise, again no patch in sight. Sorry, but this is starting to get a little ridiculous (was looking forward to it since it's a holiday over here today).
Oh, well.

I have plans to buy Medieval Total War - Kingdoms expansion. (you need the original game to play which I do have. There was a patch issue there and an unofficial patch :eek: I did not buy it yet. I need the alternative, which for me was this 3.1.3 hence my conundrum.

One or two new titles are out (WWII shooter or something seems of interest) I must wait 6 months first....I must...I must...

or I could go back to Oblivion, that's doable.

Settlers anyone?

JFLNYC: For some reason, I enjoyed it when it first came out, but then I remembered how much fun I had playing another historical based game, Civ II, when I was in high school (err not to give out my age...). So I gave Civ IV a chance, and literally ever since then, Age of Empires and pretty much every other real time strategy (aka who can click the fastest?) bores me right away.

If you're a fan of real time strategy games, which the strategy depends on how fast you can use the mouse, then you may like Age of Empires. But if you prefer strategy games that aren't races, it seems like Civ IV is your only option. Europa Universalis III, from what I understand at least, is somewhat more like the board game style of Civ, but still completely different, and I don't find it all that entertaining, but I haven't put enough time into it to learn all the tricks.

Haha yes entwood.. Settlers 2, what an epic game!

Moderator Action: There is very little being said in this thread that is constructive, and I don't see much point in keeping it open.

The patch will be ready when its done. My suspicion is that Alexman is being constrained by marketting. And I would say further that with the amount of posts in this thread and in the changelog thread, that its a clear indication that there is a real incentive for Firaxis to get the patch "right", even if that takes a little longer.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom