• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Where's the smoke for the...

Bringa

King
Fire?

I know you're surely pretty busy doing lots and lots of supersecret, supercool stuff, but could you give us peons just a short glimpse at what you're doing for fire right now?

[edit] I'd like to point out that I'm a psychic since I predicted the "smoking" forests feature ;P

Fire?

I know you're surely pretty busy doing lots and lots of supersecret, supercool stuff, but could you give us peons just a short glimpse at what you're doing for fire right now?

Right now its working great... as long as you dont want to save your games (actually saving works fine, its the reloading thats problematic). But hopefully we will get that taken care of soon.

I do want to start some teasers soon, designer diaries kind of stuff that talks about new features that are coming as we did for "Light". I will probably write the first one Friday now that we are getting to the point where some of the new features have been in long enough to be solid (no danger they are going to be removed).

Any luck figuring out how to add a Hell map ?

No, I dont think a dual map is going to be a realistic possibility. It would have been cool, but we are going another direction which I tihnk works well too.

... now that we are getting to the point where some of the new features have been in long enough to be solid (no danger they are going to be removed).

And other famous last words. *grin*

You must have missed this:

Most of what constitutes fire right now is not flashy enough to fill a screen shot (though I might be behind the times with that). There are, oh, 4 elements added that completely change gameplay, potentially at least.

:eek: you must tell use what they are.. please:)

I am teaching myself how to model and animate, so expect some cool stuff on the graphical area too ;) but time is rare, so you will have to be patient :p

Yeah. Like turning the normal map into hell instead.

How does that work? Its hard to imagine the bannor in hell or the fellowship of the leaves in their ancient forests in a hell like setting...

you must tell use what they are.. please
Everyone knows telling secrets is more fun than keeping them, but I'll let Kael be the gateway for substantive information right now. ;) (I'll just add that I wasn't even refering to the game-stopping bugs that are being found and squashed daily.)

so expect some cool stuff on the graphical area too
Well to be fair to the artists, much of their recent work was already released in the latest version of light or the anniversary version of FfH 1.

No, I dont think a dual map is going to be a realistic possibility. It would have been cool, but we are going another direction which I tihnk works well too.

Good, my poor computer's RAM probably wouldn't be able to handle dual maps anyway. :mischief:

Top Bottom