• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Where's the smoke for the...

No, its not really a hint. Just that fire will play best on a huge map with lots of civs. At least in my opinion. And i'm trying to scare maniac.

Oh, but I really wasn't asking for screenshots! Don't get me wrong, the art in the ffh mod is AWE-SOME and adds a lot of flavour and atmosphere, but I would be playing the mod anyway and just as religiously if there was no new art.

What addicted me to the mod are the New Things. I remember trying to go back to a non-FFH mod of Civ4 (in this case it was ViSA, which I SHOULD have loved sicne I did love Sevomod back in the day) and thinking, what, a few UU and unique buildings and that's ALL the difference there is between civilizations? All the different game mechanics (religions that matter, civs that FEEL entirely different from each other, magic...) are what make FFH so incredibly good.

So, with that in mind: what ARE those new game mechanics Fire will introduce? Please give us a little teaser before we wet our pants in anticipation!

I am teaching myself how to model and animate, so expect some cool stuff on the graphical area too ;) but time is rare, so you will have to be patient :p

Sezereth do you mean that you have found a new way to model units which is a lot better than before so we will get a lot better models or do you mean that you can add new animations to the units?
Anyway keep up the good work ;)

I have another question about graphical area in Fire.
Will we expect new building and wonders models or your and other team artists effort will be focused on the units at this stage?
Any hope we will get a big Yggdrasil tree inside my city?

Sezereth do you mean that you have found a new way to model units which is a lot better than before so we will get a lot better models or do you mean that you can add new animations to the units?

Will we expect new building and wonders models or your and other team artists effort will be focused on the units at this stage?

We focus a bit on the units before to start bulding area.

I mean i am finally triing to get skills in 3dsmax which allow me to create new models (done!), unwrap (create uv map) them in a way i can paint easy textures on them (well, 3dsmax` system is a bit... more complicated than blenders unwrapping), then i will learn animating, which means you will see complete new animations (if i master it...), like angels or demons could use :p

And yes... i am focusing on Units and you will see some new terrain i think ;)

No, its not really a hint. Just that fire will play best on a huge map with lots of civs. At least in my opinion. And i'm trying to scare maniac.

You did. :cry: Anyway, I wouldn't want to play on huge maps even if I could. If I declare war on someone in the early game, I don't want to have to march my units through unsettled lands for twenty turns first. And the opposite counts as well. IMO the AI are better opponents when you have less time to expand peacefully before you have to fear multiple AI breathing down your neck.

I used to be a Large map guy, but I'm switching to Standard with 8+ civs now to encourage more fighting and less expansion. We'll see how FIRE does all on sizes.

We should start speculating and give some crazy psychic award to the person who gets closest!

Let me begin! Elven cities no longer have ANY GROWTH AT ALL because there is no such thing as homosexual pregnancy.

*ducks and hurries out of the thread*

We should start speculating and give some crazy psychic award to the person who gets closest!

Let me begin! Elven cities no longer have ANY GROWTH AT ALL because there is no such thing as homosexual pregnancy.

I laughed, but I felt dirty.

Actually, I think the dwarven cities won't grow at all because even they can't tell the difference between their men and women... :old:

Any new Civs going to be added, aside from allowing Mercurian and Infernal to be played?

Any new Civs going to be added, aside from allowing Mercurian and Infernal to be played?

No. The 21 civs that are currently in will probably be the only civs that are ever in FfH2. I would rather spend time developing the existing civs rather than adding more. Plus although the civs may seem a rather random assortment there is actually a fairly rigid underlying design that keeps everything cohesive (players may notice the number 21 comes up a lot in design aspects of the mod).

My guess it was just coincidence... Like, Kael created 21 Angels, and each had a domain... so 21 Spell Spheres... Kael alredy said that the 21 civs where to match the 21 Angels (each civ is linked to a angel, he said)... So, maybe it has some meaning, maybe it was just coincidence after all.

I thought Infernal would have never been playable ?

Any significance to the Number Twenty one, or was it pulled out of a hat?

Its another tie back to judeo/christian mythology where the numbers 3 (aspects) and 7 (wholeness) are sacrosanct. Therefor the product of those numbers is sacred (for those interested in the numberology of religions).

I think when I started working on a mythology for my D&D game I based the evil gods off of the 7 deadly sins. Then seven good gods were written in opposition, so they comprised the 7 heavenly virutes. The neutral gods continued the 7 pattern, bringing us to 21. At that point I didn't realize I was drawing my inspiration from christian sources.

It wasn't until later on that I began really fleshing out the mythology, deviating and adding in aspects of other religions as I thought was interesting. For example the death and rebirth of Sucellus is really a retelling of the death and rebirth of Osiris at the hands of Set. The tale of a god killed by evil, to wander the underworld and be reborn in a more powerful form. The triumph over evil, and the conquest of death also has a christian corallary (as well as that of a popular jedi hero).

I hope that answers your question.

Top Bottom