Which AI mods to install (and others)

Machariel

Chieftain
Hello civ-people!

I restarted this game after having it barely played eons ago. I have a bunch of expansion packs but what mods should I install? I'm looking for more human like AI and graphic enhancements and sensible (whatever they are) tweaks are always welcome too. I remember I felt years ago Civ5 still behaved quite like a computer with the usual computer cheats and oddities with horrendous naval warfare.

At first glance I noticed something about "Communitas AI MOD" and interface mod, but it seems to be discontinued? Or maybe there are complete packs which include my queries. Maybe I'm entirely onthe wrong track.

Either way, I don't mind help in this area. Take care!

While I like VP, I find it takes the game too far from where it was intended. I have been using this combo of Mods that makes the core game better IMO:

-Ackens minimalistic balance
-EUI,
-Info Addict
-Barbarians unlimited experience
-Extra victory conditions (Religion and Economic)
-Faster Aircraft animation
-Faster Plot expansion
-Fortress Borders
-Civ IV diplomatic features
-Honest difficulty (makes it a little easier at the start and harder at the end)
-In game editor (which I really try not to use, however adding a couple of salt resource, mining and a worker at the start helps amazingly, especially on Immortal / Deity)
-More luxuries
-Special Forces
-Workable mountains

I often use Civ mods to play or play against new and different Civs (Greek and Indian splits are good, The Moors are my favorite)
: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/more-civilisations.494241/

Maps like YaEM, Legendary Earth Mod or Mars terraformed are fun to play on once in a while too.
I like to add in new wonders too, like the Middle Earth ones or later era wonders (Jurassic Park, Parliment Hill etc) especially on large or huge games.

I used to like Barbarians Evolved, however on higher difficulties the AI Civs get over run far too much.

Hope this helps, Mods have been my Civ V savior during Covid and I am over 2,000 hours on Civ V. Managed only 100 hours on Civ Vi before complete boredom drove me away.

T

Maybe there's something in it for me. It sure looks promising. Right now I have VP. But I'm not playing anymore once again. Work and chess take up so much time already. I really want to move forward with this game. I bet lot of Civ fanatics share the same challenge :)

Top Bottom