Which city states you would like to be added in CIV VI

Civ V had pretty much everyone I could think of except Great Zimbabwe.

Just wait until people see a screenshot with some city-states in it:

"Firaxis! STILL no Bulgaria in Civilization!" ;)

Just wait until people see a screenshot with some city-states in it:

"Firaxis! STILL no Bulgaria in Civilization!" ;)

You know Firaxis if going to be shy about showing city-states after Fans started using them to eliminate potential civs in G&K and BNW.

I think they need to do away with the modern post-colonial cities as city states: Melbourne, Vancouver, etc. It's one thing to include the Americans, or Brazilians as a civ, but having these as immortal city states for some reason really ruined my immersion. (I know it doesn't make logical sense.) I edited them out on day one. Also, I'd like to see waaaaay more African and pre-Columbian American city states. It would really help fill out parts of the world that the devs ignore. Unless/until some of these are included with civs, these are my picks:

Africa: Benin, Abomey/Dahomey, Kano, Kumasi/Asante, Njimi/Kanem, Kilwa, seconding Great Zimbabawe, Meroë/Nubia, Axum.

Americas: Echota/Cherokee, Mesa Verde
Teotihuacan, Tula, Monte Alban/Zapotecs, Tlaxcala, Tzintzuntzan/Tarascan.
Bacata (instead of Bogota), Chan Chan/Chimu, Tiwanaku, Nazca, etc. (Let's take those cities from the Aztec and Inca lists and give them their own lives, no?)

Asia: Bukhara, Indraprastha/Champa, Pagan, Banten/Sunda, Majapahit,
maybe some South Indian kingdoms: Madurai/Pandyas, Tanjore/Chola, Vijayanagar, etc.

Europe is pretty well covered but let's separate Knossos from the Greeks.

Modern city states would include Singapore, Djibouti, Cracow (it was a free city for a while, as were Trieste, Fiume and Danzig.)

I truthfully hope to see city states eliminated. There is almost nothing about the Civ 5 city state mechanics I want to carried over at least. The base idea that I couldn't destroy and move the city was the second worst part of civ 5 to me after global happiness.

Looking at the list of Civ V City States, it looks like any big city would qualify.

I would like to see some British ones. Cardiff, Glasgow, Liverpool, Manchester, etc.

It would be neat if the city-states have unique, lucrative districts that would be an incentive to conquer one or two of them.

THe city state name will give hints as to who won't be civs, so I doubt we will see any for a while

Teotihuacan and Tlaxcala.

Teotihuacan was the largest polity in mesoamerica, trade from central america to Arizona went through it. Heck the Sun Piramid could easily be a Civ wonder.

Tlaxcala has nothing to do in the Aztec city list, I cringe everytime I see them there, they were the main reason the Aztecs were crushed in the first place.

City States were completely awful in Civ V so let's hope they remove them all. Their completely rigid systems removes a large amount of dynamism and unpredictability from the game and it made no sense that these single cities could survive unchanged for thousands of years.

City States were completely awful in Civ V so let's hope they remove them all. Their completely rigid systems removes a large amount of dynamism and unpredictability from the game and it made no sense that these single cities could survive unchanged for thousands of years.

Sorry to burst your bubble, City States are confirmed to be back. :rolleyes:

City States were completely awful in Civ V so let's hope they remove them all. Their completely rigid systems removes a large amount of dynamism and unpredictability from the game

If there's a good idea badly implemented, improve the implementation.

it made no sense that these single cities could survive unchanged for thousands of years.

It made no sense for archers to shoot arrows over 100s of kilometres or for Washington to live from 4000BC to the space age all while wearing the same clothes either.

Top Bottom