Which Civ are you waiting most for?

Definitely something from Southeast Asia as that has been sadly lacking from any of the Civ games to date. You could choose from the Khmer, Vietnamese or Thai. All excellent choices in my opinion.

Personally I'd like to see a Turkish/Ottoman civ (Expansive/Philisophical), or Babylon (Spiritial/financial). I think a Byzantine civ would be repitive with Rome already there. A native american civ would be cool too.

I think the thing I want more than new civs is more leaders for all the civs, especially the civs with only 1 leader.

Babylon
Hebrews/Israel
Something from Southeast Asia
Maya
Dutch
Korea
Something from pre-Columbian North America
Austria
Something from Scandinavia

Siam , Khmer , i mean Angkor Wat is from South East Asia.

The Ottomans , Babylon , Israel(Hebrew) should most definitely be there. I find it weird that the Ottoman empire and Babylon were excluded but Mali was added?

MrMosquito said:
Siam , Khmer , i mean Angkor Wat is from South East Asia.

The Ottomans , Babylon , Israel(Hebrew) should most definitely be there. I find it weird that the Ottoman empire and Babylon were excluded but Mali was added?

Always keep in mind that many people just play the World Map, and with all civ's in place in their 'historic' positions the Ottomans (and Babylon, and Hebrews, for that matter...) would have absolutely no space to expand (nor their already ingame excisting neighbours). Africa is pretty empty. ;)

Always keep in mind that many people just play the World Map, and with all civ's in place in their 'historic' positions the Ottomans (and Babylon, and Hebrews, for that matter...) would have absolutely no space to expand (nor their already ingame excisting neighbours). Africa is pretty empty.
Which is an excellent argument for putting in Southeast Asian civs to fill that empty territory. Also adding another from Africa would be a good idea.

Slavic civilizations. Considering Slavics are the largest ethnic group in Europe, they are nearly unrepresented.
To non-Europens: No, Russians are not the only Slavic people.

Ethiopia or Babylon

Biges said:
Slavic civilizations. Considering Slavics are the largest ethnic group in Europe, they are nearly unrepresented.
To non-Europens: No, Russians are not the only Slavic people.

Though there are many slavs (more then other european peoples, true) only the Russians, at certain points in time, had a world empire/major impact. Besides: Europe is already full. And even if there should be more Europeans there are more 'worthy' Civs to add first, like the Dutch/Scandinavians, which would also make more sense economicly (for Firaxis) because I'm pretty sure these regions have a bigger player base that pay for the game (no offense, but as far as I know most 'slav' countries are poor and so not very likely to buy an expensive pc game :mischief: ).

Thormodr said:
Which is an excellent argument for putting in Southeast Asian civs to fill that empty territory. Also adding another from Africa would be a good idea.
Personally I'd like to see Korea first, or native American civs for that matter, from what I know South East Asian civs never did play a major part in the world (correct me if I'm wrong, with sources please, not expert on the region ;) ).

vikings with leaf ericson....or canadians!!!!!! with uh....with....ok, forget that....but the vikings would be cool

The Visigoths

While always considered just a bunch of barbarians by the Roman Empire, they did eventually sack The City of Rome in 410 AD and from there caused the fall of the Roman Western Empire. In any event, having played several games where barbarians are a greater problem than dealing with my more "civilized" neighbors -- I would love an option to play as one of those "barbarian" tribes.

CANADIANS, then all the other leaders could make Canada jokes.

Top Bottom