1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Which civ will you play first in GS?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Disgustipated, Jan 1, 2019.

?

Which Civ will you play first when GS comes out?

Poll closed Feb 14, 2019.
  1. Hungary

21 vote(s)
    5.5%
  2. Maori

65 vote(s)
    17.1%
  3. Canada

38 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Inca

64 vote(s)
    16.8%
  5. Mali

37 vote(s)
    9.7%
  6. Sweden

16 vote(s)
    4.2%
  7. Eleanor (possible 2 civ choice?)

24 vote(s)
    6.3%
  8. Phoenicia

32 vote(s)
    8.4%
  9. Ottomans

18 vote(s)
    4.7%
  10. Other civ (vanilla, dlc, or rise and fall civ- please specify)

30 vote(s)
    7.9%
  11. I will not be purchasing GS on release

8 vote(s)
    2.1%
  12. Random option

27 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Jay247

Jay247 Chieftain

inca no doubt, love playing tall and wide civs and their abilities look fun.

2. Zdarg

Zdarg Prince

If Hungary will have gossiped ability of turning barb outposts into cities, I'll definitely start with this. Otherwise, can't say.

3. BrotherInJah

BrotherInJah 60% of the time works every time

Mine too, so Inca leads in my ranking. Also i played civV alot with them in multi coop with Dutch since in civ V you could build UIs in ally territory, so i miss them and that feature too.

Second will be Eleanor.. while india and greece alt leader were a bit borring (mostly due to civ UA) loking at france (if france) it will be wayyyy different gamplay than from Catherine.

Vandlys likes this.
  4. CPWimmer

CPWimmer King

They don't.

That leak was proven false. Their abilities were fully revealed in their First Look video and talked about in this discussion thread.

Our_DeCay and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  5. racha

racha Warlord

I'm looking forward to all the new civs, so I'll just work down the list of them in the leader selection screen.

6. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

I'm just going to go straight in at the deep end with the Maori most probably... may change my vote but I want to see how well they can push culture with a science game. No need for great writers makes for more flexibility earlier... will be interesting to see what happens to foreign theaters also.

DefiantMars likes this.
  7. DefiantMars

DefiantMars King

I was going to play with the Maori first, but after seeing the Inca, I think they will be a better option for geting used to the new mechanics. Their abilities seem like they are a solid base to build out of and will give me some room to experiment without worrying about a particular victory type.

I do think I will try to play the Maori second for that Environmentalist run. We Harmony now!

Vandlys and Ondolindë like this.
  8. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

I had no idea that was a thing, but that would be awesome.

I have to admit, I'm not fond of her as a leader choice, but she may well make France one of my favorite civs to play--mid game wonders are my favorite to build, but Catherine's leader abilities do nothing for me since I hate the espionage game. I just wish alt leaders got their own themes. "Quand je bois le vin clairet" is fine, but Civ6's arrangement of "Scarborough Fair" is so dreary and tedious...

Vandlys likes this.
  9. Midgardsormr

Midgardsormr Warlord

I'll start with whichever new leader is closest to the top of the list, and then I'll work my way downward. And then I'll go back and play with each of the older leaders in alphabetical order.

10. Left Field

Left Field Chieftain

I'll stick with Australia, I don't play any of the other civs all that often anymore, because I don't like the idea of playing against the Aussies and perhaps going to war against them. Although if the Aussie leader was John Howard, Tony Abbott, Malcolm Turnbull or Scott Morrison I'd have no trouble declaring war.:)

Harlequeen and Cagarustus like this.
  11. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

England, I always do this, so I can enjoy the first-greeting with EVERY civ (Assuming one does not get killed off before hand xD)

Then Maori.

12. Sostratus

Sostratus Deity

A decree has been loosed from the mouth of the Earth Shaker: the whole world shall be terraced. And, when there is no hillside left to dig, no fields left to till- Pachacuti shall embark to mars and terrace that, too.

13. Leathaface

Leathaface Emperor

I'm going to play as Hungary, that bonus production towards districts and it's buildings sounds very good, plus from what i've heard of their music it sounds very good. Probably Maori then since their replacement for the amphitheatre looks awesome, though their starting location put me off them a bit.

I probably won't play the Inca for a good while, food isn't very important in Civ VI because of housing limits and the terrace farm takes up good campus spots and hills. I normally get enough food from flatland.

14. Cagarustus

Cagarustus Prince

Mmm, so far Inca, but it really depends on the other Civ’s bonuses.

Maybe Mali or the Ottomans. But I will fenintley try out the New England (sorry, auto correct) or other existing docs that have got a rework.

15. local_hero

local_hero Prince

I haven't decided yet. I intially thought I'd play England versus all the new civs. But I remembered that China also has gotten changed, one of my favourite civs, so that's also a consideration. And I'm very hyped for Sweden too, but if the design is disappointing I'd rather meet them in my first game.

16. Slayan

Slayan Warlord

Rome first so I can get the lay of the land, then Hungary. I probably never play as Canada, for me the worst Civ ever

17. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

For some reason it feels like a second Scotland to me, probably the gold course/Ice rink.
    For me it was clear from the video that the additional political favor gained is a resource you can sell worth roughly a luxury in value. So in essence instead of around 6 GPT near the beginning of the game you can get 12 GPT and quite a flexible resource so yes, I will be playing them primarily to get a feel of the new diplomatic game.

18. The Highwayman

The Highwayman Prince

I'm really interested in the unique flavor of the Maori, so they're a top candidate. Greece is always one of the first civs I use after coming back from a hiatus. Perhaps reworked England, as they may be usable in GS.

19. Cerilis

Cerilis Stormrider

Inca and Maori are high contenders right now (with Maori having a slight edge), but I can't say for sure without knowing the remaining civs.

20. Wizard-Bob

Wizard-Bob Always remember to Find Your FUN!

Inca first, Maori second for me

BrotherInJah and RohirrimElf like this.