Which civ would you like to see 2K Greg play on Sep 13th?

Which civ would you like to see 2K Greg play on Sep 13th?

• America

Votes: 29 7.3%
  • England

Votes: 19 4.8%
  • Germany

Votes: 68 17.2%
  • France

Votes: 21 5.3%
  • Russia

Votes: 15 3.8%
  • China

Votes: 14 3.5%
  • Siam

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • India

• Ottomans

• Arabia

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • Songhai

Votes: 13 3.3%
  • Greece

Votes: 34 8.6%
  • Rome

Votes: 58 14.7%
  • Egypt

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • Aztec

Votes: 15 3.8%
  • Iroquois

• Japan

• Persia

Votes: 8 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will use this poll to help decide what civ to choose for the early-game. For the prepared save, I will choose a civ based on what era people pick. I'll probably pick one that has its unique unit at that time (or soon after.)

Yes I'd say this poll is more for early game. Do you guys think the late game warrants a thread/poll of it's own? Greg could also pick one of the more late-game apt civs amongst the most voted here, too.

Yes I'd say this poll is more for early game. Do you guys think the late game warrants a thread/poll of it's own? Greg could also pick one of the more late-game apt civs amongst the most voted here, too.

nah, the forum is cluttered enough as it is. I'm confident 2k will make a good choice for the late game.

Voted for Germany. I really want to see how its SA works an how useful it is. The other SA are not so active, but just give passive bonuses. So thats interesting. Obviously Ottomans would also work. Also want the Panzer fully disclosed.

Maybe I'm just a cynic but I don't understand why so many people get physically excited over Rome. That's like going to Ben and Jerry's and asking for Chocolate.

Egyptian or rome for the beginning (have good early units) and France or England for the late game

I voted for France, but Aztecs would be cool too - I'm most interested in the Social Policies.

Random.

Voted China. It would be nice to see the details on a UB to see how interesting they are. Plus the CKN would be nice to see in action with the double range attack.

I picked Siam, but Greece would also be good-to demonstrate relations with City-States to the maximum!

Aussie.

I said India for something different.

I picked Egypt for fun. The least chosen civ it seems. Lol.

I thought it'd be cool seeing some wonders being built and seeing some of the African terrain.

Voted France to see more social policies in action, but I'd certainly be happy with Rome or Germany.

Regarding era, I'd definitely prefer Medieval or Renaissance. Those feel like the most important eras to me, strategically: it's when you're still trying to setup your economy, wage war to gain critical territory, and solidifying your empire. Generally, at least for me, the game is usually over by the Modern Era (and often by the Industrial Era), so it's less interesting. Also at that point, small strategy decisions like "which tile improvement do I make for this square (err, hex)," and "which building should I build first for this city" are relatively insignificant and inconsequential (for the most part).

My vote goes to Rome though I wouldn't mind if either Germany or Russia were choosen instead.

I voted for England, as longbowmen are powerful early units, and I would like to see some ranged decimation.

However seeing Germany for its early barbarian hunting bonus would be good too.

Hopefully we won't have Rome on the first play through, -_-.

Maybe I'm just a cynic but I don't understand why so many people get physically excited over Rome. That's like going to Ben and Jerry's and asking for Chocolate.

It's not that weird. It's outdated though. You'd think after '300' laconophilia would be the one on the rise.

Top Bottom