Which Civ?

Letss repoll the top 4. The 3 that got 4 and the other one that got 3 votes. Only let us vote for 2.

alex
cathy
salad man

OK so far whats been posted.
Name then rankings so far( not in order)

Ceasar 1 1 1 -
Alex - 2 3 -
Cath 2 3 2 1
Salad 3 - - -

average rank for each( dashes counted as 4)
Ceasar 0.75 (2.3)
Alex 1.25 (3.25)
Catherine 2.0 (2.0)
Salad 0.75 (3.75)

In my mind it looks like Ceasar, Catherine and then Alex

If you remove everyone 3rd choice. You wil see that you have 3 votes for Ceasar, 3 votes for Catherine and 1 vote for Alex. The tie breaker between Ceasar and Catherine is the number of first place votes.

Anyone disagree with this assestment? I propose we turn in out list as follows.
1. Ceasar
2. Catherine
3. Alex
4. Saladin(????) other??

I thik we can win with any of these four.

Robi D said:
alex
cathy
salad man

you meant ceasar didnt you not Saladin like I thought...Still doesnt change the outcome, but I feel dumb.

lol, well we need 5 so there was 4 which got more votes than everyone else :) and maybe even random for 5th??? :D

robboo said:
you meant ceasar didnt you not Saladin like I thought...Still doesnt change the outcome, but I feel dumb.

Sorry for the confusion, i was just having some fun but i did mean ceasar:)

ok, first of all hello.

i am sry, that i post this late on this issue, but i didnt see the thread befor. i just want to mention few things:
u should consider, that this is a game vs human players. the first choice in a game vs AI isnt automatically the best for this type of contest. i would really take into consideration, choosing an Industrious Leader. we wont be able to conquer Wonders as we would do vs AIs and we will have hard times building any of the key wonders (pyramids,library,SH...), while another team holding Industrious .plus it realy hurts other teams, when we catch them building early wonders. also i think most good wonders are worth as much as most of the civ bonuses.

the second point i have is,
that imho Agriculture is essential most of the time when u go BW. together with mining its nuff to keep ur worker bussy. early food recources, are the key to be able to spam some cottages, without loosing growingspeed in our core cities later on.

considering the thoughts above:
Qin Shi Huang would be my first choice and Louis XIV my second, cuz musketeers are a bit late.

i hope its not too late to take this into cosideration.

when i think ur choises over, i come to the conclusion, that i would prefer Catherine over the other, since imo creativ helps alot to ensure we get access to early resources and more important early and much forest.

why is that so important?
it is, cuz when we go into an early war with another team and get cought by doing so, we get ****ed up from behind. since all know this, imo this game will have a very agressive start. workers and settlers, will get capured, if there is a possibility to do so and not appropriate guarded citys too. but than a short phase of stagnation will take place (which we should use to get some wonders providing us an edge in midgame), cuz no team wants to moonshine his back, without haveing a working economy. if a team gets under pressure, be sure there are 3 teams willing to do anything to get an advantage out of the situation. so we need extrem fast teching n chopping early n fast growth afterward.

ok thats it.

ps. sry for the weird n bad language.

ok i did some researches in the strategie forum and on some other civ4 boards and came to the conclusion, that Industrious (beside the production bonus appeals to chops used for building wonders aswell) is essential. the edge we get by building early worldwonders (and nationalwonders) and the disadvantage by not doing it, is gamebreaking.
just want to point out that we really need to discuss this further.

OK dlab since you came late to the team. What are your suggestions. Remember we want an early but not too early UU.( ie Incans)

To me there is no perfect Civ. You must be able to use each to there own advantages and alot of that depends on your map start and how you want to play.

We have to repoll this soon but I think after this weekend we can do that. Some of the variables about the map will be decided by the UN by then.

Discussion is good..gets us thinking.

I think we should change the way we are voting. Every member should pick their top 5 leaders, in order. Every 5th place vote gets 1pt, every 4th place vote gets 2pt, etc. Once ranked, the top five leaders are our picks in order. This is similar to how things like MLB MVP get voted. It wouldn't be in a poll thread, just a normal thread where everyone posts their list.

Top Bottom