Which civilization do you think should have been in civ 4?

Cuba
Argentina
Israel
Pakistan
Milaysia
Poland

All are included in my mod with Unique buildings, leaders and unique units! Hehe, cant play with just standard rubbish firaxis give us!

South Africa - the Boers, Orange Free State, Transvaal.

Voortrekkers, Afrikaners, Boer Commando.

Capetown, Pretoria, Johanesburg, Bloemfontein.

Piet Retief, Jan Smuts, Louis Botha, Paul Kruger.

Great General: Koos de la Rey.
Great Spy: Fritz Joubert Duquesne.
Great Prophet: Siener van Rensberg.

South Africa - the Boers, Orange Free State, Transvaal.

Voortrekkers, Afrikaners, Boer Commando.

Capetown, Pretoria, Johanesburg, Bloemfontein.

Piet Retief, Jan Smuts, Louis Botha, Paul Kruger.

Great General: Koos de la Rey.
Great Spy: Fritz Joubert Duquesne.
Great Prophet: Siener van Rensberg.
I made S. Africa, with a heavy Afrikaaner slant... see the civ in my signature line. It pretty much is most of what you asked for here.

I made S. Africa, with a heavy Afrikaaner slant... see the civ in my signature line. It pretty much is most of what you asked for here.

Cool beans, I'll try it.

More steppe peoples, the Mongol flavor gets old.

They already have barbarians. ;) Central Asia takes almost all cultural influences from the Mongols, Turks, Persians, and Russians; what is left is tribal savagery (the -stans). If anything, the Mongols themselves hardly qualify as any kind of civilization, and there are already plenty of desert dwelling Middle Eastern civilizations in the game.

Some people can't accept that reality has a Eurocentric bias.

Not really - just that European imperialism tended to destroy the records of many places. Human culture flourishes everywhere.

I would not honestly like too many little countries -especially recently founded ones like Canada- to appear in Civilization. I already have a problem with the idea of the United States being thousands of years old in the regular game, and I feel like an experience that is truly about civilizations should be about those cultures that have existed for long stretches of time. That said, seeing emergent-only nations appear out of colonies (a feature that I believe already exists) would be a fantastic gameplay mechanic to explore.

It would be nice to see Poland-Lithuania, Austria/Hungary (both, perhaps?), and Germany replaced with Prussia. People always clamor for Canada to be in the game, but it just isn't going to happen. It would be cool, though, if, say, Spain could liberate colonies into smaller civs such as Argentina, Chile, Cuba, etc.

I myself hate seeing America in B.C. 2000, but oh well. They were just added because the U.S. has had, undeniably, a huge impact on the world and we have been the sole superpower in the world, a distinction never held by any other nation, since the collapse of the Soviet Union.

Also, it is beyond me why the designers added the Zulu civ... what a stupid idea. I also heard that Spain will not be in Civ5, an idea which is quite frankly blasphemous in the name of Civilization.

Every civilization that people are asking for here has already been created. If your not playing with a civilization that you really want to play with, shame on you :D !

Majority of them even look better than what Firaxis could have created. Check the Custom section of CIV4 Forum!

The vast majority of custom leaderheads for Civ4 look like utter crap, don't deny it. Units, buildings, and terrain have been OK though.

Some do, I wont deny.

But do any of those ? Castro, Ho Chi Minh, Hitler from first line

Theres others that look great too!

I pity you for your ignorance. :( :pat:

Turkmenistan is a Persia/Turk nation, the more eastern -stans (and Uyghur lands in China) are Turk/Mongol, and Kazakhstan is Russian/Turk. The closest thing to an independent Central Asian civilization might be Kushan, but they have too many roots in India (don't be fooled by post-Islam revisionism). Very little original culture and history is from that part of the world.

The fact is, Central Asia is simply a road between proper civilizations, not one in itself.

At it's height the Roman Empire was unrivalled. Who was going taking them on as equals? I must have missed that part.

Roman also controlled what we know now as England, Northern France, Germany Hungary etc and the last time I checked they were in neither the Med nor The Middle East. By anyone's definition Rome was the world's first Superpower.

America controlls no more than 400 million people and can't fight a war on more than one front. How does that make them a Superpower?

Top Bottom