Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Russia

Votes: 27 16.5%
  • Persia

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Spain

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters
Incas are the best. Financial and Aggressive with Mysticism starting tech means you can go ANY route without issues. Also the Quechua are nice if you want to either a) Rush your enemy or b) defend against an archer rush

re:Expansive

Crimso said:
I think you have this trait confused with another one, because what you're saying is nonsense.

If it's nonsense I don't understand why. I always have more health than happiness available in the early game; it's happiness that limits my growth, virtually exclusively. Health resources seem to be everywhere, and easily available. The only point at which the +2 health for Expansive really matters is in the mid-end game when you have 20+ pop cities with lots of food, happy multipliers up the wazoo, and at that point healthiness finally becomes a limiting factor, up until hospitals/ecology/genetics/future tech.

Either Romans or Russians, but I'll have to go with Rome just because of a Praetorian rush always works for taking 2 civs in the early game.

I play Germany cause I like Bismarck an his traits. The reduced building time for wonders is a great thing. With the cheap granaries and forges you can boost your population and production and ...

well I like him, his traits and his panzer :goodjob:

Roma Victor !!!

Russia second, way ahead of others but not even close to Rome...

I like to try playing as other civs, but I usually keep coming back to either Rome or England (Elizabeth) every other game. Both have terrific UUs and trait combinations (each requiring a different strategy to best take advantage; I like how that forces me to vary my approach).

But I have to go with Rome as my fave, because I have a soft spot for Roman history. And like other Romaphiles in this thread, I love those Praetorian waves. Rolling up a couple of rival Civs early in the game is so much fun, and so beneficial in the long term.

China under QSH. Not a bad UU, and +50% Wonder production and Financial trait is huge when you play a peacful builder game.

Other ones I like are Rome(Praetorians), and Germany(cultural under Frederick).

Guerra said:
Incas are the best. Financial and Aggressive with Mysticism starting tech means you can go ANY route without issues.
Indeed! Inca are a superb "jack of all trades" civ... and my favorite to slingshot with. You really can do anything with them.
Also the Quechua are nice if you want to either a) Rush your enemy or b) defend against an archer rush
Yup, which as a bonus allows you to completely skip the low level hunting and archery techs (unless you find ivory, fur, or need to build horse archers later)

Gherald said:
Indeed! Inca are a superb "jack of all trades" civ... and my favorite to slingshot with. You really can do anything with them.

Yup, which as a bonus allows you to completely skip the low level hunting and archery techs (unless you find ivory, fur, or need to build horse archers later)

I second that motion. It is possible to easily crush at least one civilization at the very beginning of the game, if only the AIs scatter their free archers elsewhere.

Wow So many good civs for so many diff styles of play

I think my favorit is malinese SUPER MONEY LORD:eek:

I can buy every thing in late game and the spirtual boost is very nice for happy citizens.

Its really hard to beat Indian Fast workers thou.

If I go for a war victory I guess English empire because the red coats come at a huge turning point in the game and seem to be unstopable for many many years.

Ive been working on culture wins and I have found chines very effective for my play style though I believe prob at higher levels need more artist to go take this road. Wich i believe would put me back with the Elizabeth for the philosphical and financial.

I love the Incans. I love having better units than my enemies, and the incans are the best civ to do this with. You get a boost right at the start if you can nick you neighbours cities with the quechuas, then take advantage of the financial trait to cottage spam your way into a massive tech lead..... and the agressive trait means the enemy won't stand a chance when you're the first one to macemen then riflemen.

Did I mention they start with mysticism too? So you can found a religion, spread it around and use get even more money, and help with your warmongering.

I like the mongol empire. With culture and aggressive trait I can really play my gamestyle. The strength promotion and the culture bonus are really great, it makes capturing a city more easy. I think :p

I enjoy playing as the United States (Washington). I find that his traits go well with each other.

My fave are the Japanese. They can get Pottery right off the bat, start with fishing for easy access to sea resources, and start with the wheel, so you don't have to waste time researching it, letting you hook up resources right away. Plus I love the UU and the traits Toku offers. And, lastly, I don't get the sense of "too easy" that Prats and Cossacks give me...

Incas all the way...
With all other civs I b-lining for BW and axmen is a must, and if no bronze around well you are doomed....
With Incas - I never ever build more than one city (besides capital) just take two civs and their capitals very early... and you can save forest for something else cuz quencha is mad cheap....
they can be upgraded to CR1 with barracks, plus Incas are financial which is really important for having large army...
My favorite used to be Catharine, because you don’t need to spend time building obelisks, but after so much playing you see that that’s crap anyway.. noobish trait unless is some special cases....your cities will expand few turns later anyway and after early game having cultural trait is pretty much useless. Russia is not aggressive which is a big minus for me.
Last thing - with Russia you HAVE to go for music + MT which costs valuable time. I never ever research music + MT myself (no time on immortal or eve emperor for that luxury) + by different route you can get to rifleman’s in approximately same time...
These are JUST my opinions…feel free to correct me

Louis the XIV has a nice combo with Creative (+2 culture per city) and Industrius (+50% wonder production).

The creative bonus helps borders to spread early in the game without having to build oblisks. The faster wonder production helps to build wonders to enhance the use of the culture benefit late in the game.

Elizabeth has a nice compo with Philisophical (+100% great person) and Commerce (one additional commerce per tile) too.

Top Bottom