Votes: 27 16.5%
  • Persia

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Spain

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters

Duke Anselmi

Learning to play... ;)
I was just wondering,which of the 18 civilizations is the overall favourite.Please vote for civilization you find most usable, and which you like the most, so please dont vote for civilization, which is only cool.
Because maximum number of poll spaces is twenty, i couldnt make which is your favourite leader poll, but that will be released after i know favourite civilizations, and can drop out leaders that are not so popular.

Edit: Forgot to say that i vote for Alexander, which is most suitable for my gamestyle, which includes lots of wars, o aggressive trait is very useful, and philosofical is usefull because i love great people. My another favourite is Togugawa of Japan for very aggressive game style, and Saladin for peacefully game style.

I used to be a big fan of Washington (America) but he's too weak at the start for me to really get anywhere on Monarch.

Right now I'm a big fan on the Incans (UU available at turn 1, keeps the barbs and other civs off your butt long enough to get a decent economy and military moving, and he's financial and everyone knows how good that trait is), and the Romans (Praetorians with promotions are darn near unstoppable)

I quite liked Germany, and would like to be the English but it really annoys me that they have poorly coloured borders (white/grey) which aren't very visible sometimes... I'm really pedantic like that :rolleyes:

...oh, almost forgot - I'm usually the Americans (Roosevelt)

The Mongol Horde....mmmmm :satan:

Go England! Tally ho'
Tea and crumpets old chap!
Form up redcoats! Make ready, Present arms! Fire! Kick the froggy butts again in a pc game like you did in real life!

er...anyone wonder wth I am doing with this avatar? :)

I play random civs so I haven't played any single one enough to establish it as my favorite. I like Financial, Aggressive, and Organized traits the most, and am also pretty good with Creative ones.

My *least* favorite civs are the "expansive" ones, I find that to be the worst of all the possible traits, since you don't realize any strong benefit from it until very very late in the game.

Although I play at random,but Washington and a coastal start
plays a lot easier.

I like the Financial leaders, so I voted for Russia and Cathy. But I recently finished a game as Mansa Musa and I found that I really like him as well. Financial, starts with Mining, has a decent UU for early attacks or barb defense, and you don't have to deal with him out-teching you in the Modern Age!

I would have to say China with Quin Shi Huang, or Russia with Peter.

Orion071 said:
Mansa Musa + a decent UU for early attacks or barb defense
I fully agree.I had a excellent killing ratio with those skirmishers.
Also Mansa is Spiritual,so no turns are lost.

I also like England. They're financial and Redcoats are easily one of the best UUs.

My *least* favorite civs are the "expansive" ones, I find that to be the worst of all the possible traits, since you don't realize any strong benefit from it until very very late in the game.

I think you have this trait confused with another one, because what you're saying is nonsense.

Alexander the great, the greatest general that ever lived.
If you get lucky and there are fishes AND game near the start location, you just might have won the game with an early rush his aggressive trait brings about.

Need I mention I love Greece as well?

I played all the leaders on Noble - some several times - but am still learning how to optimally use certain traits. Right now I like the Incans.

As Rast said, the early UU is useful against barbs. The cheap barracks with automatic promotion for melee/gunpowder in aggressive trait is useful the whole game (from warrior to mech infantry).

Others have written about financial. Importantly it is a great trait throughout the entire game and money is power. So right now, I like the Incans too because the traits are always helpful but we didn't rate very high in the vote. LOL.

Having said that, any leader with financial seems at advantage if you can get through the early part. An early UU and aggressive trait with promoted military units can keep one alive in the early part. But then maybe a better player can do that too. :)

rome... is a question of praetorian style!
i like them flooding like a iron tzunami over poor defended cities!
mouhhahahahhaaaaaa

Top Bottom