Which civilizations are the winners and losers?

A game like Civ VI, the AI at least need some sort of min/max algorithm for city/district planning.

Kongo, Russia, Rome, Aztecs ( Aztecs though rarely spawn in my games )

Russia is in every game and spawns next to me, extremely annoying!

AI Kongo has the big advantage that he can't build Holy Sites, so he focuses on more useful districts instead. The other AI tend to mainly spam Holy Sites in the early game and ignore everything else.

Unique improvements really nerf the AI. The interface puts them as the top suggestion wherever they can be built and the AI seems to follow those suggestions. Scythia and China suffer from this the most.

I suspect America does well because its agenda doesn't cause it to pick pointless fights and Teddy's hidden agenda is permanently locked to Environmentalism, which he benefits from. Other civs tend to roll ridiculous hidden agendas which they can in no way handle, e.g. Populous Spain (using what mechanism to create population above everyone else?) or Cultural Scythia. It doesn't help that AIs are constantly offending each other because of "units near borders." They don't trade with each other, and even when they go to war what they mainly do is just shred each other's units without anyone winning or losing.

i had russia start near me twice, but i can't say they are brightest, both times Russia suicided by DOWing me with insufficient forces to do anything.

china - was actually far more competent at dowing, but i had them twice in the game and they never expanded beyond ~4 cities.

Top Bottom