Which Civ's First Look Video Will We Get next? (Week of July 25)

Which Civ's First Look Video Will We Get Week next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I mean to be fair, we still got 2 videos that week.

Which is a different point than the one I was addressing.

The only consistent trend of first look videos since their release, and I've had to point this out nearly a dozen times by now, is 2 videos per week. Nothing else; Not day, time, or content - All of that has been all over the place. This week marks the first week where they only released one First Look.

I was refuting the claim that we've gotten two civs a week consistently. It happened twice in 6 weeks. That is not a trend.

Edit: If anything, I'd say the fact that we only got one video this week is even more indicative that there is no consistent thread to the content distribution. That said, I would say the base expectation of at least one video per week is the most logical assumption. Anything more than that; tying your expectation to a specific day, or to a specific type of video, is expecting too much.

Which is a different point than the one I was addressing.

The only consistent trend of first look videos since their release, and I've had to point this out nearly a dozen times by now, is 2 videos per week. Nothing else; Not day, time, or content - All of that has been all over the place. This week marks the first week where they only released one First Look.

I was refuting the claim that we've gotten two civs a week consistently. It happened twice in 6 weeks. That is not a trend.

Edit: If anything, I'd say the fact that we only got one video this week is even more indicative that there is no consistent thread to the content distribution. That said, I would say the base expectation of at least one video per week is the most logical assumption. Anything more than that; tying your expectation to a specific day, or to a specific type of video, is expecting too much.

Actually, all First Look videos have been released at the same time of day - 10:00 AM, EST. Just a small correction, everyone, continue about your business.

Actually, first two videos were released once per week, so even two videos per week isn't a consistent trend. And, since this week also had only one civ First Look, one civ video per week is now trendier ;)

Actually, all First Look videos have been released at the same time of day - 10:00 AM, EST. Just a small correction, everyone, continue about your business.

Actually, This is false, since Japan and China's videos were released at different times due to being revealed in their home markets first.

Actually, first two videos were released once per week, so even two videos per week isn't a consistent trend.

Also false, there have been two First Looks every week since the first two were released simultaneously on Monday, June 20th.

Well, except last week. That marked the first and currently the only week where they only released one First Look.

Also false, there have been two First Looks every week since the first two were released simultaneously on Monday, June 20th.

Well, except last week. That marked the first and currently the only week where they only released one First Look.

I meant specifically First Look civilizations videos ;)

Well that isn't what you said. :rolleyes:

Actually, This is false, since Japan and China's videos were released at different times due to being revealed in their home markets first.

I'd argue those two were leaked, not released. Every video on the civ yt channel has been released at the same time of day. But whatever.

I'd argue those two were leaked, not released. Every video on the civ yt channel has been released at the same time of day. But whatever.

Doesn't seems to be a leak. The Japanese one was released on the official 2K Japan channel. There is no 2K China YouTube channel, but wouldn't be surprised it was them who released it on that other video site. Otherwise, all the releases on the official Sid Meier's Civilization YouTube channel have been on the same time of the day, yes. Even for the two who were released elsewhere first.

Doesn't seems to be a leak. The Japanese one was released on the official 2K Japan channel. There is no 2K China YouTube channel, but wouldn't be surprised it was them who released it on that other video site. Otherwise, all the releases on the official Sid Meier's Civilization YouTube channel have been on the same time of the day, yes. Even for the two who were released elsewhere first.

Yes, I expect that 2K Japan and 2K China both got permission to release their videos during peak awake time in their respective countries ahead of the rest of the world.

All this being said, Firaxis has never announced any kind of schedule for their First Look videos. Any "pattern" about how many videos per week, or which days per week, are only people's assumptions and nothing more.

I so totally hope we get Tamar-lane who steamrolled Georgia in DLC/expansion for civ6 eventually :D
FTFW. [emoji14]
Seriously I am really annoyed by hearing Tamar again & again on these forums.

Sent from my HTC Desire 820s dual sim using Tapatalk

FTFW. [emoji14]
Seriously I am really annoyed by hearing Tamar again & again on these forums.

Sent from my HTC Desire 820s dual sim using Tapatalk

Yes, Tamerlane would be awesome, I'd definitely want him a lot more than Tamar. But, in my view, both would be cool. Armenia I would like as well.

But, before any of these, we need Genghis Khan for Mongolia!

This should be an exciting week. We should get more civ first look videos as well as let's play videos showing off new gameplay.

Maybe it was a slow week as last week because of the DNC.

I'm not sure why a political event in a completely different city would prevent anyone at Firaxis from getting anything done. If political conventions had such an effect on businesses as completely unrelated to it as Firaxis, there would be news articles about how much economic power is lost due to it, much like how newspapers run perennial articles about how the month-long college basketball tournament causes problems because workers are supposedly distracted.

It's more likely the case that a new phase of marketing is upon us and the focus is shifting from First Look videos to game play videos

I'm not sure why a political event in a completely different city would prevent anyone at Firaxis from getting anything done. If political conventions had such an effect on businesses as completely unrelated to it as Firaxis, there would be news articles about how much economic power is lost due to it, much like how newspapers run perennial articles about how the month-long college basketball tournament causes problems because workers are supposedly distracted.

It's more likely the case that a new phase of marketing is upon us and the focus is shifting from First Look videos to game play videos

Makes sense.

I would think they'd still do First Looks for all the civs, at least I would hope so.

Makes sense.

I would think they'd still do First Looks for all the civs, at least I would hope so.

They may still. But it might be in conjunction with introducing them in gameplay Livestreams.

Top Bottom