• Sengoku-Sowrd of the shogun

Votes: 132 15.1%
  • Napoleonic War

Votes: 131 15.0%
  • WW2 in the pacific

Votes: 88 10.1%

• Total voters
Rise of Rome.

I've plonked my way through most of 'em, thus far I think I have enjoyed RoR mostly, FoR I lost as I was just about to knock over the last byzantine city when the game ended. Currently introducing the niceties of viking rule to the mediteranean during the middle ages (obviously ...). So to answer your question, I dont know really. :confused:

Where is the rise of the Mongols conquest?

There is no Rise of the Mongols conquest.

Sultan Bhargash said:
Where is the rise of the Mongols conquest?

There is a Mongolian conquest which can only be played if you unlock it by winning the Napoleonic conquest playing as Prussia on Sid level. I did it and the Mongol game is quite fun though a bit tough because China and the Turks are quite big and strong. The mongol cavalry are pretty good with decent defensive troops and it didn't take long to get some leaders so after a long and bitter fight I slowly pushed back the Chinese and then went to work on the civs across siberia and europe. I heard if you mod the Napolean scenario even the slightest it will not allow the Mongol Conquest to be unlocked so only play the original Napolean conquest.

^:hmm: Are you sure? How does it just randomly appear in your Conquests folder?:hmm:

unscratchedfoot said:
There is a Mongolian conquest which can only be played if you unlock it by winning the Napoleonic conquest playing as Prussia on Sid level. I did it and the Mongol game is quite fun though a bit tough because China and the Turks are quite big and strong. [...]

What I am wondering about is why they made the access to that little Mongolian episode that easy? Actually, winning the Napoleon conquest as Prussia even at SID is that easy that I almost fell asleep. The "Tales of the Golden Horde" are not much better in terms of difficulty. The special "Khan" unit is nice, though.
But, if you indeed are facing that much difficulties, PM me and I will give you some advice.

So... You're not joking? Hmm... Feel free to email it to me.;)

I have only tried the first three and my personal is Mesopotamia as I like the fact that you still have to build up unlike the other two were you start out with everything built for you. Tranquility, yes the Arabs were in spain at that time, they were pretty much everywere besides central and northern Europe and Aisa, the Franks and Romans were almost obliterated because of them.

I thought the Romans had already been beaten to dust by the barbarians before the Arabs showed up in Europe?

Is there really a 'secret' scenario? Im *very* sceptical about this, but since Im only a Regent player who's never beaten the Napoléon scenario as the man himself Im not likely to find out hehe

What I am wondering about is why they made the access to that little Mongolian episode that easy? Actually, winning the Napoleon conquest as Prussia even at SID is that easy that I almost fell asleep.

Ah, c'mon, it is not that easy without cheating...the old 'donate huge city to Portugal and take it back several times' trick is needed.

Btw, ever noticed how difficulty-dependend the conquests are?
Mesopotamia is quite boring below Demigod (that is, unless you prefer peaceful builder games), but really interesting on DG/Deity. However, if you usually have problems with Emperor in the epic game, you will have problems here as well. And FoR is pretty difficult as well, while AoD seems a good way to start playing Civ...

So, IMHO, not only your historical preferences, but also your usual playing level has an impact on which scenario is fun for you.

Mesopotamia: DG+
RoR:Midlevel
FoR:Emp+
MA:widest range, everything possible
AoD:Mon-
MesoA:Mon-
Sengoku: Undecided, the UN victory makes it interesting on insane levels; Midlevel otherwise
NE:Mon-DG/Deity for the strong Civs
WW2: N/A - this one is more a test game for industrial warfare, with every Civ featuring a certain aspect (China: Artillery, Com: Arch map, Japan: Blitzkrieg, US: recover)

Is there really a hidden, "secret" Mongolian conquest? :eek:
I would propose we kindly ask Unscratchedfoot to give a detailled explanation (preferrably with some screenshots :scan: ) of how to get this "secret" conquest. :rolleyes: :lol: .Ahh.. and for sure, he still has some saves from it ...
I'm pretty sure, after he kindly has posted his detailled explanation about how to get it, all of us will have learned much from him :p

Not to confuse you guys too much ;) , winning Napo's conquest as Prussia is possible, though for sure not easy. :)

@Doc- :thanx: for the tips on diff. levels :goodjob: . I did not know that
about the WWII scen. I like to play that as the Japs on E with AI aggression
at highest ;) . Makes them extra :evil: and much fun. :D

@CommanderBello

So you're saaying he was lying about how to get it? Is there an easier way?:hmm:

I'd never say he was lying.
I'm just wondering about his path to success with the Prussians on SID and then getting the "Tales of the Golden Horde" :mischief:

I like to play that as the Japs on E with AI aggression
at highest .

Sorry to disappoint you, but that is absolutely pointless - all Civs are already at war. The aggression level only influences the likelyhood of declaring, and cannot have an impact on any Civ that already has Aggression level of 5. Because of that, the slider is almost useless for Middle Ages and FoR as well, since nearly all Civs in this Conquests have that AgrLevel.

But you should really try the other Civs for different Strategies; China cries for mobilization, another seldom-used option.

@ Doc- :confused: :eek: :confused: . Some more new info. for me :blush: . I thought that the aggression level would influence how
aggresive they were on offense, thus making it harder for the Japs. :smoke:
Oh well, back to the drawing board :scan: .

@ Doc- How much would the difficulty level moved from E to Diety make it
tougher on the Japs if at all? It seems too easy to play and just capture and
hold VP locations, I want to make it harder :mischief: . When I play as the
Allies the Japs will not protect their CVs enough and eventually I overwhelm
them ;) . I also :love: the MA scenario and followed your Danes game
closely and learned much :goodjob: .

Top Bottom