Votes: 80 9.2%
  • Sengoku-Sowrd of the shogun

Votes: 132 15.1%
  • Napoleonic War

Votes: 131 15.0%
  • WW2 in the pacific

Votes: 88 10.1%

• Total voters
I know i may sound crazy but i like the fall of Rome scenario. My first time i played it as the Celts and i loved it. Theres something about being able to crush the roman empire as a barbarian chiefdom that just strikes me as awsome. As for the "Rise of the Mongols", I highly dought there is a secret scenario.

dgfred said:
@Doc- :thanx: for the tips on diff. levels :goodjob: . I did not know that
about the WWII scen. I like to play that as the Japs on E with AI aggression
at highest ;) . Makes them extra :evil: and much fun. :D

They're not really as thrilled with being called Japs as you probably think. You're not exactly fighting them in the trenches for real are you?

unscratchedfoot said:
There is a Mongolian conquest which can only be played if you unlock it by winning the Napoleonic conquest playing as Prussia on Sid level. I did it and the Mongol game is quite fun though a bit tough because China and the Turks are quite big and strong. The mongol cavalry are pretty good with decent defensive troops and it didn't take long to get some leaders so after a long and bitter fight I slowly pushed back the Chinese and then went to work on the civs across siberia and europe. I heard if you mod the Napolean scenario even the slightest it will not allow the Mongol Conquest to be unlocked so only play the original Napolean conquest.
:bump:

Hate to break it to ya, but I've debunked your theory, there.:p;)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=1879831#post1879831

Sorry to have to disappoint you, but the hidden Conquest was unlocked at some point during beta by winning with Prussia on Sid.
But since someone managed to beat that easily, exploiting the 'Gift cities' thingie, they assigned it to winning with the Netherlands on Sid instead...but only if you stay in OCC.

:)

Edit: Only joking!

Yeah Doc, even I didn't buy that one.

I love the Rise of Rome, as Carthage (my favourite civ).
I learned a lot of lessons there, and I had to fight for every last tile...
When I started, I thought I was invincible- Rome was too far away to attack. I was naeive enough to build libraries... so when by chance, one galley dropped off a settler on a lucrative plot of land just outside Rome, I was surprised to find it annhilated by an army of about 20 Legionary Mk1 and 2s (about 10 of each). I had 2 War Elephants.
And so, I completely diverted my resources to war, the Romans marched, unstoppable into Spain, crushing my puny cities in their wake. Fortunately, my main cities survived, and Rome met its match- 15 Heavy Cavalry. Half the Roman army was destroyed on the first engagement, my cavalry retreated, 3 dead, all wounded to our closest city, then regened, and struck again. And again. Until the last legionaries were killed off in Southern Italy and my Cavalry paraded down Roma.
Then I invaded Macedon, expecting to find a navy half my size and a few Spartans, retreating wounded from the war in Persia. My Cavalry rode in, and found... Cavalry. Twice as many as me- we were anhilalated, their navy outnumbered us 5 to 1. In 2 turns, 10 galleys were built, they engaged the Macedonians off Sicily, won, then ferried across a full force of Cavalry, and after a deadly war lasting about 30 turns, the Macedonians fell.

The moral- you are only invincible if you know you're not.

==No.1- When playing Regicide, DO NOT use your King as a scout.==

Ancillary or corollary (I know it's one of those): In Sengoku, as long as you keep him up to date and don't send him deep into enemy territory the daimyo makes an excellent scout and barbarian killer.

Celtic Fuhur said:
My favorite is the Napoleonic war conquests. The country i always play as is Prussia. I use the trainer cheat so that allows me to rush projects with gold and it gives me milions of gold for free.

What's the meaning with using a trainer? There's no challenge and you nearly don't have to do anything yourself. Should ruin the whole fun.

Perhaps he finds winning all important whatever the means? Also he has been talking aout how he cheats to victory in standard games so perhaps its just new and fun...

I'm pretty sure he's a windup, just saying outrageous things to get responses. Common on political forums, kind of sad on a discussion of a game.

a4phantom said:
I'm pretty sure he's a windup, just saying outrageous things to get responses. Common on political forums, kind of sad on a discussion of a game.

In one word: a troll

Exactly. On the topic of Conquests, does anyone have advice for a new regent level player on Fall of Rome? Namely, who should I be and what should I have before confronting the Empires?

With any of the civs its usually a good idea to use your army to take advantage and make some early gains as the AI will not use its own army correctly...

Play as Persia, they only face pressure from one direction. Expand east ad infinitum and conquer Turkey quickly but then grab Egypt before pushing into Greece.

Thanks guys. Dell19, what do you mean about the AI not using its armies correctly?

"the AI doesn't use armies intelligently."

That makes two of us. But when should I attack? I know that Rome will come to Byzantium's defense, and they have a huge head start to overcome. But if you wait too long, they'll win by holding the VP locations. How do Immortals stack up against Legionaires in this round? I'm sorry to make you guys walk me through it but I don't have access to Civ often enough to trial and error it completely.

Top Bottom