Votes: 2,357 39.0%
  • The Nineties (1990-99)

Votes: 1,273 21.1%
  • The 2000s (2000-2009)

Votes: 68 1.1%
  • The 2010s (2010-2019)

Votes: 3 0.0%

• Total voters
The youngest forum poster I ever knew of was just 8 years old when he joined the first RPG forum I was part of. The admins allowed it because the kid's mother and uncle were both members and they were sure that the rest of us would treat him well.
The youngest member of the forum I mentioned was six. Some of the other members weren't very nice to him, sadly, but he must have been almost twenty the last time I saw a post from him...

It was nice to have such an enthusiastic kid as part of the forum. On the other hand, though, it also made everything that much more sad when this kid died (accident; he fell down a flight of stairs and never recovered from his head injury). The custom at that forum was to have a period of mourning when a member died; black banner at the top, and either black avatars or candle avatars.
That's awful. :(

(...) On the other hand, though, it also made everything that much more sad when this kid died (accident; he fell down a flight of stairs and never recovered from his head injury). The custom at that forum was to have a period of mourning when a member died; black banner at the top, and either black avatars or candle avatars.

That's very tragic. Such a young age, did the childs mother ever made a appearance on the forum after the accident?

That's very tragic. Such a young age, did the childs mother ever made a appearance on the forum after the accident?
Just once, I think, to thank everyone for their messages of condolence and for making her son's time on the forum so much fun. As I recall, he was especially enthusiastic about the Fuzzy Knights webcomic, which is about a group of little stuffed animals (2 teddy bears named Mossfoot and Violet, a tuxedo cat named Target, and a rabbit named Ben) who sat around on a table, playing RPG games with miniature rulebooks, dice, and all the other paraphernalia of regular-size tabletop RPGs. The characters are very appealing, personality-wise, and when they weren't gaming, they would still get into some weird adventures. The little boy who joined the forum especially liked Mossfoot (a green Russ Berrie-created teddy bear who wore pants, a flight jacket and knife, and was their game's GM; Violet was his girlfriend - a violet Russ Berrie teddy bear who was a very no-nonsense feminist). This kid's favorite phrase was "Mossfoot ruuuuules!"

fk-fkraw06 (mossfoot2000 june 11, 2003).jpg

This is one of the blank panels the creator made available for those of us in his Fuzzy Knights group to write our own FK stories. No matter if they're doing a dungeon crawl, wandering around outside, on vacation, or just chatting about whatever, these little characters have such appealing personalities, even when Ben or Target (the rabbit or cat) are being jerks or getting obsessed with something (never get between Ben and his favorite d20).

I have my own Mossfoot and Violet, thanks to years of diligent searching on eBay (though my Mossfoot is in better shape than this one). I never found this exact form of Target so had to settle for a newer one, and I think I've found every version of Benjamin Bunny online except this one.

Non-OT regulars here on CFC don't know this, but I have a large collection of stuffed penguins and some other animals. One of my future goals is my own "home-brewed" Fuzzy Knights story (which I have permission to do; the creator, Noah Chinn, gave a few of us the go-ahead, as long as we respect his copyright and don't claim credit for any characters or storyline he created).

Forums seem like a 70/80/90 things. Haven't gotten many people from 00/10.

80 member myself.
Well, 10s are very unlikely given their age. 00s are likely going to be reduced anyway due to their age and the target age of the game begins towards the older end of that age group. Plus other age groups have legacy games to help build the base.

I'm not surprised. If we ran a poll in 2028, I imagine that the 2010s would lag quite a bit and the 2000s would be a reasonably.healthy demographic.

Well, 10s are very unlikely given their age. 00s are likely going to be reduced anyway due to their age and the target age of the game begins towards the older end of that age group. Plus other age groups have legacy games to help build the base.

I'm not surprised. If we ran a poll in 2028, I imagine that the 2010s would lag quite a bit and the 2000s would be a reasonably.healthy demographic.
No, I think Eva-kun is right: Zoomers prefer other platforms like Discord, Twitter, TikTok, etc. Forums are kind of old fashioned. (I like forums and Discord myself--but I wouldn't touch Twitter or TikTok for love or money.)

50s. 1957 to be exact.

So how do I put my "vote" in for 50-59? Or is it done by the OP periodically checking responses?

50s. 1957 to be exact.

So how do I put my "vote" in for 50-59? Or is it done by the OP periodically checking responses?
You click the button next to "The fifties (1950-59)" and then click "Cast your vote" at the bottom of the poll.

It is nice to see a few more boxes ticked!

Turned 50 in May this year (2021 for those time travellers reading this in the future).

Some days you feel every single one of those fifty years.

Indeed, I'm struck by the larger number of *written* strategy guides for Civ IV, a smaller number of text / web guides for Civ V, and virtually none for Civ VI. All the best resources for Civ VI are YouTube videos. Forums like this probably hit their zenith in the early 2000s, for people playing games then.

70's here.

Refreshing to see 13 votes for the thirties, you guys must be doing something right. My first objective is to still be around when I'm 80, my second objective is to still have the capacity to play civ!

A lot of people here are what in current times in my country you'd call... a vaccination age bracket. Given how slow we proceed, nothing makes you feel as old as being eligible to be vaccinated for COVID-19.

Hmmm. I already voted in this (probably 16+ years ago) so using the decades was definitely a good idea (70's here as well).
:lol: Probably so. This thread was started a month or so before you joined. The thread starter @yakodi hasn't been around since 2007 so he is probably not aware that his legacy lives on.

Top Bottom