Votes: 2,357 39.0%
  • The Nineties (1990-99)

Votes: 1,273 21.1%
  • The 2000s (2000-2009)

Votes: 68 1.1%
  • The 2010s (2010-2019)

Votes: 3 0.0%

• Total voters
I participated in this poll sometime in the past. I'm part of the eighties block. Interesting to see that there are already a couple of votes for the 2010s.

Nah, those are mistakes or jokes, this thread was very recently bumped and during its last active period '2010s' would have been 6 years old at most.

80s still firmly in first place. Weird, I thought Millennials didn’t vote? :lol:
Generation Z here, by the way! (2000) :dance:

Generation Z here, by the way! (2000) :dance:

I would think gen x would be the highest one here. I am gen x BTW. Although I think gen x includes the early 80's? I don't know how they come up with these things. They will run out of letters eventually. :)

I participated in this poll sometime in the past. I'm part of the eighties block. Interesting to see that there are already a couple of votes for the 2010s.

Interestingly enough, I had not yet participated in this post. I came here in 1999 or 2000 when the old forum was here. I was playing SMAC/SMAX back then. Have played the Civ games since Civ 3.

Oh, and all you 80s people: I graduated high school in 1987. My daughter who played Civ 3 with me was born in 1993.

Edit: forgot to mention that I was born in the Sixties, barely. (August of 69)
Time flies, I guess!

Interestingly enough, I had not yet participated in this post. I came here in 1999 or 2000 when the old forum was here. I was playing SMAC/SMAX back then. Have played the Civ games since Civ 3.

Oh, and all you 80s people: I graduated high school in 1987. My daughter who played Civ 3 with me was born in 1993.

Edit: forgot to mention that I was born in the Sixties, barely. (August of 69)
Time flies, I guess!
August 1969 = Woodstock!! :)

I've just seen this poll for the first time

Bump

I remember when I voted some years ago the seventies block was the biggest. I was kinda expecting the 90's to be the biggest right now but this site doesn't have as many users as it had years ago.

Aren't the 2010s technically too young to join the forum?

I forgot this thread existed. I'm technically part of the 80s bloc, but three weeks after I was born it turned 1990...

Aren't the 2010s technically too young to join the forum?
Considering there's a post referencing those votes from a few years ago at the top of the page, I'd guess either a parent was voting that his/her kids born in the 2010s play Civ or it's a joke. Or a TOC violator, I guess; kids are pretty tech-clever these days. I see kids out in public barely old enough to talk efficiently using their parents' cellphones, tablets, and other devices. :scan: The first board I joined, I was one of the few members to actually be 13 when I joined--since even the admin joined at 11 no one really got in trouble for it there...

Time to start the 90s insurgence. :cool:

I forgot this thread existed. I'm technically part of the 80s bloc, but three weeks after I was born it turned 1990...

Considering there's a post referencing those votes from a few years ago at the top of the page, I'd guess either a parent was voting that his/her kids born in the 2010s play Civ or it's a joke. Or a TOC violator, I guess; kids are pretty tech-clever these days. I see kids out in public barely old enough to talk efficiently using their parents' cellphones, tablets, and other devices. :scan: The first board I joined, I was one of the few members to actually be 13 when I joined--since even the admin joined at 11 no one really got in trouble for it there...
Hardly anyone pays attention to the age restriction. I used to run a Dune forum that was originally created by a 12-year-old. He was 13 by the time I happened along, joined, and was eventually promoted to moderator and then admin.

The youngest forum poster I ever knew of was just 8 years old when he joined the first RPG forum I was part of. The admins allowed it because the kid's mother and uncle were both members and they were sure that the rest of us would treat him well.

It was nice to have such an enthusiastic kid as part of the forum. On the other hand, though, it also made everything that much more sad when this kid died (accident; he fell down a flight of stairs and never recovered from his head injury). The custom at that forum was to have a period of mourning when a member died; black banner at the top, and either black avatars or candle avatars.

Top Bottom