Which leader image do you like the most?

Which leader image do you like the most?

• America Washington

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Arabia Harun al-Rashid

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Aztec Montezuma

Votes: 70 28.8%
  • China Wu Zetian

Votes: 15 6.2%
  • Egypt Ramesses II

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • England Elizabeth I

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • France Napoleon I

Votes: 10 4.1%
  • Germany Otto von Bismarck

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Greece Alexander

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • India Gandhi

• Iroquois Hiawatha

• Japan Oda Nobunaga

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Ottoman Suleiman the Magnificent

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Persia Darius

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Rome Augustus Caesar

Votes: 8 3.3%
  • Russia Catherine

Votes: 34 14.0%
  • Siam Ramkhamhaeng

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Songhai Askia

Votes: 36 14.8%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 10 4.1%

• Total voters
Askia without a doubt for me. Great background matched with fitting music. For me Montezuma comes across as way too melodramatic. By the way, is Askia the only leader that holds a sword? I can't remember the others having one (maybe Nobunaga?). The sword certainly beats that small knife or whatever that Monty holds when you're at war. :lol:

Of course, the talk of fair and peaceful people when first met while a city burns in the background is icing on the cake. :D

Askia without a doubt for me. Great background matched with fitting music. For me Montezuma comes across as way too melodramatic. By the way, is Askia the only leader that holds a sword? I can't remember the others having one (maybe Nobunaga?). The sword certainly beats that small knife or whatever that Monty holds when you're at war. :lol:

Of course, the talk of fair and peaceful people when first met while a city burns in the background is icing on the cake. :D

Amen. Nothing like conducting diplomacy over a cities charred remains. Let your opponent know you mean business.

Harun al-Rashid...

Could someone actually post a picture of Nebuchadnezzar II?? I tried searching on the net in vain
Thanks,
Akbarthegreat

Here you go already... ;)

Spoiler :

Oooh, that is pretty cool.

I like Askia's screen - which is of a town on fire, probably his own as he does have a tendency to get invaded.

Monty, no question about it!

But all the leaders are great. I love each one of their animated portraits, and the fact that they use their native languages is just freakin' sweet. I like Caesar's speeches the most.

Here you go already... ;)

Spoiler :
Now imagine that guy holding a goblet, then hurling it to the floor and muttering "Are you real? Or just a phantom of my tortured senses?"

...because that's what happens when you first meet him. :D

Also, he has another "I've been defeated" type message: "Well done. I'll put in a good word with the demons for you."

Ah, Come on!! Nebuchadnezzar is the most badazz EVER!! I mean did you hear him talk!?

This poll is therefore invalid! FACT!

Sure, sure; lord the DLC over us unfortunate folk :(

I'm so hacked off at their decision to make a whole civilization a pre-order bonus :mad:

I liked Songhai Askia, because I think it is pretty cool how he nonchalantly has his sword over his shoulder. That's how I would enter negotiations!

Now imagine that guy holding a goblet, then hurling it to the floor and muttering "Are you real? Or just a phantom of my tortured senses?"

...because that's what happens when you first meet him. :D

Also, he has another "I've been defeated" type message: "Well done. I'll put in a good word with the demons for you."

If we go there, he also has "Those fools outside call me god, but that's unlikely. Who are you?" - greeting.

Askia is the worcaholic thats always burning cities and has a huge sword right?

I voted for him.

I like burning cities too so if he's not on my landmass i will kill him last. common courtesy.

I don't know why people keep saying Catherine looks cool. I find she looks horrible, there is something wrong with her eyelashes and her general look that remind me of some very bad quality dolls will all the manufacturing defects. + she has some very nasty angry faces and gestures which i have seen repeatedly for the full duration of an epic game, and it left me a very negative memory of her.

I am running the game in DX9, could it be that these scenes are better in DX11?

In all cases I like montezuma, harun el rachid, hiawatha, nebuchadenezar, askia, and a few others.

Some leaders are really rushed and not well done at all.. again catherine, but also ghandi (posture and general gestures make him look really pathetic and freaky, he reminds me of gollum somehow),...

Some others are average, like elizabeth and bismark, in the sens that there is nothing obviously wrong yet they lack something to make them unique like montezuma's or askia's scenes. It also doesn't help that they never smile even when satisfied with you, and in the case of bismark always frowning ":/" I find myself really not liking to have these 2 leaders in my games in general because of this.

Does anyone other than me think that George Washington looks drunk when you meet him?

Askia for sure. Montezuma is pretty awesome as well. Too bad Nebuchadnezzar II wasn't on the list because I would totally have voted for him.

Top Bottom