Which Portable ?

It's kind of funny, people always rag on the DS as being a kiddie machine featuring kiddie games. The thing is, all the people my age (in their mid 30's) that I know have DS's while completely ignoring the PSP. The only people I've ever seen with a PSP were kids. So from my point of view the whole kiddie thing doesn't really wash.

I'm a very proud PS3 owner so I obviously have nothing against Sony. I simply see the PSP as a waste for me and my style of gaming. I can play PSP-like games on any gaming system out there. I can't play DS-like games anywhere else.

I'll only be buying CivRev for the DS and not the PS3 although I'll get the PS3 demo. The whole point for me with CivRev is Civ on the go. Won't be getting that anywhere else.

I agree, I see more kids with PSPs than any other demographic...my bet is it is because those kids think that graphics are more important than anything else, while the other demographics are mature enough to realize that great graphics != great game.

Honestly I hardly ever see any adult playing with a DS or PSP. 99% of the time it's a kid. I would say DS as well as most of Big N games are aimed toward children. It's the same with Disney yet as an adult still I watch Disney movies as well have been to Disney World. Both are aimed toward the youth.

i've got a GBA and DS but then i think my wife and i tend to be the exception at our age, 51. i've never been able to her her to play civ with me though. her fav is the Wii now.

Anyone thinking what I'm thinking? Screw DS and PSP! Make Civilization for iPhone 2.0!!!!

lol yes, let's make it for a system that costs $400, has worse graphics than either the PSP or DS, has a tiny fraction of the install base(and of the power), and requires you to pay exorbitant monthly fees in order to do anything with it!

lol, yes, I agree with Thrallia.

Top Bottom