1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Which version of Civ for Macbook

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Macintosh' started by cltshrk, Jan 12, 2011.

1. cltshrk

cltshrk Chieftain

I recently got hooked on the Civ franchise playing on my family member's PC. I have a Macbook at home and was wondering which version of the game would perform best given my specs. Welcome any and all advice. Prefer not to install BootCamp or anything of that nature. I have a Macbook (2.4 Ghz, Intel Core 2 Duo, with 2GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM). I believe it also has the standard Intel GMA X3100 graphics processor, and I'm on Mac OS X 10.5.8. Not the best specs, I know... but I'm not a heavy gamer... just want to play Civilization! Don't really care if its Civ3, Civ4, etc. Whatever works best...

2. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Hi, welcome :wavey:

Civ3 Complete would work fine. Intel integrated graphics are not recommended for Civ4 or Civ5 as they are heavyweight 3D games. There is a demo of Civ4 that you can try if you like, but I din't think it's representative of the performance of the real game.

3. cltshrk

cltshrk Chieftain

Thank you! I will give it a try...