which way to purchase civ4 and expansions

kingstuart

still in a big country
i have played civ3 for years now and now thinking of finally jumping over to civ 4.

so i ask, and i like to play early civ scenarios the most, up to 1700ad or so, not too much into modern era. love to DL mods and scen here.

1-which way shall i purchase the game--is getting warlords with vanilla necessary or beyond the sword the one to go with.

2 is there anything warlords has the beyond the sword does not have. is the only difference the secnarios on that disc?

here is quick price around my area- when i decide, i run to the store to get it..
civ4 about 29
civ4 gold -with warlords 39
beyond the sword 19
civ 4 complete 59

i get the feeling from reading the post that maybe buy civ 4 than beyond and be set with that.

thanks in advance for your responses

Buy vanilla and then Beyond the Sword. Warlords is completely included in BTS and is a waste of money.

This question almost deserves a sticky all on its own

Rephrased, anything that is of any worth from Warlords is in BtS... there's no need for Warlords unless you're of the retentive type.

Rephrased, anything that is of any worth from Warlords is in BtS... there's no need for Warlords unless you're of the retentive type.

Or ignorant.

I have warlords and yeah, im pretty much drooling over BtS every time i wake up:cry::drool: and wondering why i didnt just spend 5 more dollars on getting vanilla and bts separately instead of buying stupid Gold...

Top Bottom