Who is the person in the pedia?

Ajidica

High Quality Person
I have been reading in the pedia, great backstory, by the way. My question is who is e.a.p.? He is in the text for Way of the Wicked, and some other texts. Who is this guy, and where does he fit into the FfH story?

That would make an awesome trivia question. I'll give anyone else a chance to answer, if not I'll answer tomorrow.

Where does the text for way of the wicked come from? It sounds latin, but i'm not sure. If it is latin, could someone post a translation of it?

Cool Eldric got it right. I used his initials instead of his name because using real life people in the mod kinda breaks the illusion of Erebus.

It's from the Pit and the Pendulam, it is latin and it means:

"Here an unholy mob of torturers, with an unquenchable thirst for human blood, once fed their long frenzy. Our homeland is safe now, the baneful pit destroyed, and what was once a place of savage death is now a scene of life and health."

It is the opening of The Pit and the Pendulum.

Impia tortorum longos hic turba furores
Sanguinis innocui, non satiata, aluit.
Sospite nunc patria, fracto nunc funeris antro,
Mors ubi dira fuit vita salusque patent.

Means:

Here an unholy mob of torturers, with an unquenchable thirst for human blood, once fed their long frenzy. Our homeland is safe now, the baneful pit destroyed, and what was once a place of savage death is now a scene of life and health.

ahh... my google-fu is stronger than yours. ;)

It is Latin. It is found in the beginning of Poe's Pit and the Pendulum, and was composed for the gates of a market he erected at the site of the Jocobin Club House in Paris.

Impia tortorum longos hic turba furores
Sanguinis innocui, non satiata, aluit.
Sospite nunc patria, franco nunc funeris antro,
Mors ubi dira fuit vita salusque patent.
--e.a.p.

Online I found this translation:"Here an unholy mob of torturers, with an unquenchable thirst for human blood, once fed their long frenzy. Our homeland is safe now, the baneful pit destroyed, and what was once a place of savage death is now a scene of life and health."

But I'd rather translate it more literally myself:

"Here the impious crowd of torturers, not satisfied by (literally of) the blood of the innocent, nourished their long fury. With the Fatherland now safe, with the deadly (this word seems to be misspelled, or else is somehting else which is missing from the dictionary) cavern now broken (also misspelled or another word), where death was harsh, life and safely now lie open."

Thanks. I am really impressed by the work you guys put into it. I am loving the soundtrack, especially one of the undercouncil songs, Hymn of Absolute Deciet.

Top Bottom