Who stopped playing?

Troymk1

Warlord
After 2 weeks of this game I felt just totally underwhelmed. My gaming time is precious so I have gone onto other activities.

Reasons.

Atrocious AI

Console like game play, lacks gravitas.

Unbalanced nationalities.

Diplomacy is rather silly

Lacks suspension of disbelief. (Upgrade Archers to a firearm and they lose range :D )

Who else has had this experience and why?

Welcome to the club.

If I got a copper for every thread of this calibre...

GUYS!! Send me your steam account so I can play Civ!

I haven't been reading them.

I just wanted to see if this was a common reaction.

Is it?

I actually started playing this week, when I hadn't at all when it was first released.

I abandoned Civ5 after a week or two. Got into it again briefly when they released Mongolia DLC.

The game is low on replay value. :(

I was so hyped for this game too. I burned serious brownie points with the wife to get it and *meh*

Count me totally disappointed.

I'm not realy 100% sure what will eventually make the best Civ V game for me.

I know that the results are a bit lackluster so far, especially with the AI. But the artwork, music, graphics and combat systems are excellent.

I think they are very close... problems are probably due to putting the game out before it was ready.

However, It is Civ and with the comminuty behind it, especialy the modders, there are some very interesting concepts being put out. Playing those modded versions are both fun and interesting, and makes me feel like I am a part of the building of the final end game.

Do I wish that they had put out a better product right from the start? Yes... but I am much happier playing a "beta" version in the meantime while I am waiting, than simply waiting another 2 years.

So "NO" I have not stopped playing and feel there is still a ton of exploring to do.

My Steam account tells me that I've played 50 hours of Civilization 5 and my last session was on 06.11.10, so it's been over three weeks. As a consequence I don't visit CFC much either. I've accepted that Civ5 isn't what I wanted it to be so I've moved on to other games. After all, it's limited just how long I can stay on the forum just ranting and complaining about how broken and bad I feel the game is.

I do have some hopes that I will enjoy Civ5 in a couple of years, but until then my Civ5-counter will not log many hours.

I'm on a Civ 5 pause; I'll probably come back when the patch is released.

I stopped playing over a month ago. I just came to the forums to see if any updates. the game is just boring and unrewarding.

total disappointment in retrospect.

Feels like a kids game. Automate workers. Pick the coolest looking unit from the tech tree. Build a bunch of them. Kill everything on the screen. Get a bunch of puppets. "Yay! I love puppets!" Now what do we do when we get a frowny face? "build cowesiums??" Good job, you got it!

I'm not gonna give up on the game. I just need a little break to play some games that are good now. I hope this game gets way better in the mean time.

I played about half and week but then it just started to feel so boring, only razing and puppeting, nothing more. Do devs think I'm so stupid that I really want do that, do they think I'm so stupid that it pleases me. I say No! Now game dvd lays on the bottom of the chest. Lot of changes must happen until I take it again from there.

I've stopped playing, but only because I don't have time right now. Hopefully I'll have more time soon, and hopefully the next patch will be released by then.

While I find Civ V somewhat disappointing, I haven't gotten bored of it yet, but I haven't played it as much as many people here. I don't think the game is broken or a total failure like many people, but I do think they made some poor design choices.

Top Bottom