Who will you play as first?

Not sure if there's a similar post, but here goes... :p

I am thinking that I would like to play as the SHOSHONE, as they will enable a comfortable early game with plenty of room, early religion (hopefully Pathfinder will enable some good ruin bonuses), ensuring survival into the late game where I can explore some of the later mechanics (tourism/world congress). I also like that they have a late game UU making them not just an 'early-game civ'. I would love to play them on a continent (maybe PERFECTWORLD?) without many neighbors so I can hog up those ruins.

I think it's better than playing a new civ that already has TRADE bonuses (Portugal, Morocco, Venice, etc.) or TOURISM benefits (Brazil, France) so I can see what trade is like for a normal civ.

What do you think?

There have been a couple of posts on this, but whatever, it's fun.

My answer remains Portugal. They were a favorite of mine from BtS and I've been waiting for them, plus Trading Civs are right up my alley and it'll be a good intro into the new mechanics. Plus it looks the best, aesthetically.

Portugal on Deity with Mongolia, the Huns, Roman Empire, Ottoman Empire, Byzantine Empire, Japan, Germany, the Zulus, and England. Victory condition will be Domination only

Shoshone will likely get my first play.
Then either France or Portugal if no other current civs get a remake. (Looking at you America and Germany).

I think I will try the Shoshone first. The new mechanics are slightly intimidating, so I don't want to use a new civ that relates to them before I learn to use them properly. The Shoshone have a "newbie-friendly" appeal to them.

After that, I will pick between Portugal, Venice, Indonesia, and Brazil for the follow-up game depending on what I fell intrigued with after my first game.

Indonesia. Their UU seems cool. Then Shoshone probably, then Portugal, then Poland, then Morocco, then Brazil, then Assyria, then The Zulu, then France, then Venice.

I think I will try the Shoshone first. The new mechanics are slightly intimidating, so I don't want to use a new civ that relates to them before I learn to use them properly. The Shoshone have a "newbie-friendly" appeal to them.

After that, I will pick between Portugal, Venice, Indonesia, and Brazil for the follow-up game depending on what I fell intrigued with after my first game.

The Shoshone does seem like very good civ for beginners, but at the same time as being good for hardcore players. So it looks like they are the perfect civ for anyone, as they have no real victory preference.

1. Shoshone
2. Indonesia
3. Brazil
4. Venice
5. Morocco
6. Portugal
7. Assyria
8. Poland
9. Zulu

I'll play as the Shoshone because it seems like an awesome unique unit (pathfinder) and ability. I'll go for culture victory.

France, to test drive their revisions, and because for some reason I like to meet with new civs before I play as them. After I've played as France and met everyone, probably next will be the Shoshone for that sweet, sweet Pathfinder action. Then possibly Indonesia, on an Archipelago map, because I'm curious to try out that Candi and because the fact that they based their UA on the Spice Islands just makes me smile.

I'm going in alphabetical order. So:

1) Assyria
2) Brazil
3) Indonesia
4) Morocco
5) Poland
6) Portugal
7) The Shoshone
8) Venice
9) Zulu

Who am I most excited to play?
1. Assyria, because I'm assyrian and they are OP. Now you all will know what would have happened if we conquered the world. We could easily have done it a long time ago, but decided to let everyone live instead.
2. Venice, it's the pro civ.

Venice I think. Sounds so fun, awesome and... Hard. Way harder than the other civs, but not impossible. Once you get rolling as Venice and beat up someone, I think you'll steamroll everyone else thanks to all those trade routes.

Then, Poland maybe?

Portugal, Brazil, Venice, then if I am bored the Zulu.

Top Bottom