Whose Vassal is Canada?

bioelectricclam

Warlord
Was trying to work in a Canadian Dominion in a custom Earth map, was wondering if they should be vassals to the United States or the English. Anyone got an idea?

Yeah them and austrailia as well.

US for sure. Alberta's tar sands are the whole reason we're missing Kyoto targets by a million miles, (making us hated/laughing stock) and they won't get shut down or even monitored properly while the US still needs oil. They go to war, we go to war. That's my 2c, in any case.

Vassal of England.

Seriously, they still celebrate the Queen's birthday.

Canada was a British colony, and were still pretty much a part of the British Empire. We are a constitutional monarchy and the Queen is still our formal leader.

Canada is a vassal of Britain, and Britain is a vassal of the USA. :D

We are technically a vassal of Great Britain, in reality a vassal of the USA.

I think my interpretation is closer to reality. I don't think the USA has many military bases in Canada, but we have plenty in the UK. The UK always goes to war with whoever we go after, no matter how unpopular the fight. They are our vassal, they voluntarily capitulated to us during WWII.

I think my interpretation is closer to reality. I don't think the USA has many military bases in Canada, but we have plenty in the UK. The UK always goes to war with whoever we go after, no matter how unpopular the fight. They are our vassal, they voluntarily capitulated to us during WWII.
Let's just say the reality is much more complicated than a game like Civ can accommodate.

Let's just say the reality is much more complicated than a game like Civ can accommodate.

Of course, but this situation can actually be put into civ terms pretty well.

Canada is a vassal of the UK as a released colony. The USA was as well, but rebelled when it's master made "unreasonable demands".

Many turns later, the (much smaller) UK is threatened by another civ that is conquering and vassalizing it's neighbors. The UK has good relations with it's former vassal by now, which is much larger and more powerful now. They ask for protection and offer to be the USAs vassal.

Here's where it diverges from Civ - I don't think civs with vassals can volutarily capitulate in the game, or if they do the vassals become vassals of the new master. This did not happen, Canada, India, and Australia remain vassals of the UK (though India gets it's independence not long after the war is over).

The USA and the USSR kick the threatening civ's butt and vassalize it. The half vassalized by the USSR becomes part of the half vassalized by the USA about 45 years later, and Germany remains a vassal of the USA to this day (as does Japan).

i think Canada is a vassal of the UK. and i don't think that will change. oh well. i happen to like the British monarchy.

Top Bottom