1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

WHoward's Pick 'N' Mix Mods

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Mod Components' started by whoward69, Jul 7, 2011.

1. doktorstick

doktorstick Warlord

Graphic overlap error with the Clock/Turn/Date when the month is shown. More overlap for longer month names as the screenshots show.

Attached Files:

2. AndreP

AndreP Chieftain

In Religion Spread the "Found Pantheon" Button, links to Reformation not Pantheon.

3. gunnergoz

gunnergoz Cat Herder

I noticed that too, but thought it was deliberate. Silly me. :crazyeye::lol:

4. ATG

ATG Chieftain

I can confirm the same thing. Only running WHoward's mods, no other mods. This issue has been there for me since the earlier G&K version.

5. DRen72

DRen72 Chieftain

WHoward,

Using your updated Mods in BNW. Just discovered that something in your "DLL - Various Mod Components (v 19)" mod breaks other mods that add the Pontoon Bridge to the game. The bridge will appear, but no longer allows units to pass over as intended. The units Embark as if the bridge was not there.

6. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Just like for the Steampunk Airships, the path finder code has been (badly) hacked to add the Pontoon Bridge - so it'll be a load of coding/testing to integrate it. One of these days the devs will do something properly and not just "hack it in to get a scenario working"

7. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

It's been like that since day one. If you play with months, you'll need to manually edit the SummaryBar.xml file(s) to push the stack to the left.

8. doktorstick

doktorstick Warlord

I didn't knowing playing with months was an option; it just happens when you get late into the game (not even sure when it starts).

9. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

At Standard speed you have to have been playing for more than 440 turns, at Epic it's around 540 - very few games last that long (most of mine are over before turn 300, rarely 350), so it's not worth wasting the screen space (as usually you're more concerned about the left hand end of the summaries crashing into the resource icons)

10. Quboid

Quboid Chieftain

Is it only the ones marked as BNW that are compatible with BNW, or do ones with no relevance such as "Subs ignore borders" work? I don't know what a DLL is in the context of Civ so perhaps I'm missing something there.

I like your work very much, along with the Communitas Expansion Pack it is essential.

I very rarely have a game that doesn't reach 500 or 750 turns, FWIW.

11. doktorstick

doktorstick Warlord

I wonder if a good compromise might be to drop the month and add a fractional year. For instance, most of the game, the year is as it is now--like 1900. When it shifts to months, as an example, January, 2040 would be 2040.0 and July, 2040 would be 2040.5. If the turns break down to 3 or 4 or 6 per year the the fraction adjusts accordingly.

12. gmilo00

gmilo00 Chieftain

So in order to take advantage of the city working distance of 5 you need to be India with the Hanging Gardens? I thought the mod changed it so that any Civ could work up to 5 tiles- I was quite surprised in my last game when this wasn't the case.

13. DRen72

DRen72 Chieftain

WHoward,

"Global - Espionage Mapping" breaks the ability to create a Diplomat by sending a spy to a capital city.

14. doktorstick

doktorstick Warlord

Confirmed that I can't send a diplomat to the capitals. I don't know which mod (I am running this one listed).

15. Meethos

Meethos Chieftain

Prior to BNW you could also increase the work distance by completing the commerce policy tree, which is now Exploration in BNW.

16. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

No. The compromise is that players who regularly get into the 550+ game turns can edit the xml to push the summary bar left. No discussion needed.

17. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

It depends on how you have set up the functionality. The SAMPLE micro-mod(s) change India's trait and the Hanging Gardens, if you want different functionalty you can write your own micro-mod to your own requirements.

18. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Check the list above - that mod has not (yet) been converted to BNW.

19. LetMyPeopleGo

LetMyPeopleGo Prince

The ones marked as BNW are only for playing with BNW, the New - all good for BNW, the Updated - all good for BNW, the rest you should check against:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12621780&postcount=180

(from page 9)

and:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12626507&postcount=200

(from page 10)

and any further posts alike in the future

20. DRen72

DRen72 Chieftain

Sorry, I was looking at Post #180, the second spoiler, in which it says it is BNW compatible. Very confusing.