1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

WHoward's Pick 'N' Mix Mods

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Mod Components' started by whoward69, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Kobjante

Kobjante Chieftain

I would like to see botanists like those ones made for civ 6. I wish to take the plants from one place to another, like the herdsmen do to animals. Those botanists can builds farms for wheat and platations, as the hedsmen can build pastures and camps too.

I tried to use your mod that introduces prospectors for civ 5 and did not worked out. I put many other mods that adds more mining resources. For example: the barathor mod that adds more resources. I don't know why.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  2. pintocat

pintocat Warlord

Is your site down?

3. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

All working for me

4. pintocat

pintocat Warlord

5. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

I get pages like that (including for sites like the BBC) when my ISP is having DNS issues - they usually go away after a few minutes/retries

6. fig newtons

fig newtons Chieftain

When using the "Multiple Upgrades" mod I am having two problems:

1. Impis upgrade to Musketmen, not Riflemen
    2. There's about a 50/50 chance that opening the multiple upgrades dialog will crash to desktop. But I use a lot of other mods including interface mods, including interface mods that aren't yours, so it's hard for me to do more troubleshooting or give you a more useful report on that.

7. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

1) At a guess some other mod has changed the unit class of the Impi, and broken the SQL that determines the alternative upgrade
    2) If you're using EUI, all bets are off. The multiple upgrade mod uses custom missions, so if you have anything that alters the default UI mission handling for a unit, that's probably the culprit

8. Russypoo

Russypoo Chieftain

Hello, I have just recently started modding after playing just over 1200 of vanilla with my friends and in single player. Really enjoying the great work of so many people. One of the loudest gripes from my friends and I was the default culture expansion which is why I was so excited when I found your cultural expansion mod it works wonderfully. After I got it working one of my mods was blocking it. So I began to test each mod and I was just going to remove the conflicting mod.
    Sadly the conflicting mod is the mod that allows you to create mod packs for multiplayer the only mod I can’t remove. I am new to modding and I don’t know if I am just incredibly stupid and broke something or if your mod was never designed to work like this.
    If you could shed some light on this you would make three people very happy.

Thank you for reading.

9. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

All my mods are written for single player, and as I do not play multi-player I have no interest in getting them to work in such an environment.

You may want to check out what Serp is doing, as I know they are incorporating some of my mods into their multi-player mod pack

10. Russypoo

Russypoo Chieftain

It’s such a heavy pack and I am so new. I tried yesterday just to get that one mod from his mod pack but when I started my Civ I got all kinds of errors I’ve never seen before. I’ll see if I can figure it out. I figure if I can get the version that allows you to make a mod pack I could make the specific mod pack I want because I’ve learned how to do that. I hadn’t encountered a mod that couldn’t be made into a mod pack, found some that inactivated each other, found some that broke others but never one that was completely immune to my attempts to put it into a mod pack.

Thank you for your response.

11. McMagnus

McMagnus Chieftain

This is currently the only bug I'm facing. It's actually somewhat serious because caravans that die due to attrition do not update the trade route limit, thereby causing you to permanently lose a trade route slot. As a disclaimer, I am playing with multiple mods and have not tested this with only your mods installed.

I was looking through both "ImprovementTunnel.xml" and "CustomModOptions.xml" and didn't see an obvious fix (though I am a novice). I could make use of your "PROMOTIONS_CROSS_MOUNTAINS" and apply it to caravans, but that would enable them to cross ALL mountains. The only fix I can think of would be to find a way for the improvement to disable attrition on the selected tile or create a dummy mountain tile (cannot accept improvements but doesn't have attrition) that gets swapped in when the tunnel is completed. I imagine the latter fix would be janky because it would affect the aesthetics.

Any ideas?

12. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

"Improvement - Tunnel" has been updated to fix the problem, it requires v96 of my DLL

McMagnus and SLGray like this.