WHoward's Pick 'N' Mix Mods

Anyways...before going off suvject. i still like your mods that you have created now and in the past whohoward.

Since there is no specific UI - Wonder Planner thread (that I could find) I will post here:

Line 364 of WonderPlanner.lua you try to get the value of Column Yield for each row in the table Building_BuildClassYieldChanges. However, according to SQLite Manager, there is no such column. The column is called "YieldChange".

Also, because of the sheer number of wonders I've included, it takes a full 4 seconds for the screen to initialize upon clicking on the Drop Down option. How can I make it so that it initializes more efficiently?

Finally gotten around to looking at this, the problem lies in calculating the number of techs that still needed to be researched in oredr to be able to build the wonders. Try the attached, it caches a lot of that info - the first time the dialog displays will still be slow (but quicker than before) but should be almost instanteous (sp?) on the second and subsequent times

For the UI Summary Shipping, what does the shipping tons tell me?
Where is that information from?
Is it related to my gold or trade agreements or something else?

Thank you.

It the sum of the primary combat value of your ships * 1000. Click the name and you'll get a menu of options that enables to to also disply the number of ships

i think herdmans v8 MOD still buggy
i got CTD in turn 110 when rustle is done, and my saved game cant be loaded anymore
i'm still try population and prospector

What kind of tile did you unrustle on? Plot type? (flat, hills) Terrain type? (plains, grass, etc) Feature type? (forest, oasis, flood plains, etc) Was it already owned? (by you, another player), Did it already have an improvement? (farm, lumbermill etc) Did it have a route? (road, rail)

hills plain river, i was about taking sheep, but after another try, it CTD even before i have herdman

it CTD even before i have herdman

Not sure I understand how a mod can cause a CTD before you've used it.

If you have no herdsmen unit(s), the mod is doing nothing, so I'd be very surprised if it was causing a CTD under those circumstances.

sorry w, i think the probelm is not your MOD, i combine your herdsman, prospector and castle mod
after i disband castle mod, everything is fine

1 more question, is it prospector able to connect marble to me while being outside my border?
it seem prospector are useless, i dont find prospector find more money i need, it still cost 1 gold each turn while only find max 6 gold in 14 turn, i play marathon

Prospectors gain experience, the more they dig the more likely they are to find a bigger hoard. However, the main point of prospectors is not to make money but to get to those hard to find pockets of gems, gold, etc that your citizens are demanding and start a mini We Love The King Day.

i try on marble on hill, it becoma a quarry on it, but doesnt connected to my empire
i dont see it in happiness
can it change my marble to gem or gold randomly ? or it's stay the same as marble?

oh sory i got gold ehehhehe problem solved, thanx w

The quarry/mine appearing the second time you dig is an issue with the way the events are sent by the DLL.

i think i got another bug
when prospector and a military unit in the same tile, it always produce NaN( with gold coin icon)
well at least i try 3 times
and i think prospector must back to the city it build/ purchase to get the money

Hello whoward69,

I've played several games with your excellent collection of mods, my only suggestion regards the three Naval mods, Early + Late + Galleon, the current situation is that caravel is moved to Medieval era with Compass, Frigate (Ship of the line) is moved to early Renaissance with Astronomy, Privateer late Renaissance with Navigation and the Galleon is delayed all the way to late Industrial era with Ironclad, since you defined the Galleon as a Renaissance vessel it should be in the Renaissance with Astronomy together with the Frigate (more or less the same technology) or the latest with Navigation which ends the Renaissance era, together with the Privateer (which IMHO belongs with the Frigate in Astronomy too).

Since the Galleon replaces the Caravel, appearing one era later is fine, not two eras.

Hi Whoward69,

I'm trying to figure how to incorporate your National Wonders splash screen mod into my Sovereignty Revised mod. All I want to know is how to get National Wonders to show splashscreens for two specific wonders, so I have no need for the rest to show them.

I attempted to just load everything except the xml which contained the National Wonder updates, not understanding any of it, but this only caused problems, such as where beginning a game would have a blank splashscreen show up automatically, being unable to click it away.

I would appreciate it if you could help me. I would settle for the workaround of making the National Wonder a World Wonder but with a greater MaxGlobalInstances, except this causes a message to be displayed whenever this wonder is built by another player, which is disconcerting.

I attempted to just load everything except the xml which contained the National Wonder updates, not understanding any of it,
ummm ... you're going to have to understand some of it!

What I would do with a mod I don't fully understand.

1) Load my mod and the 3rd party mod and make sure they "play together nicely"
2) Merge the 3rd party mod into my own mod, and make sure it all still works.
3) Investigate the 3rd party code to work out how to remove the bits I don't need
4) Remove a few bits that I don't want and retest that I haven't broken anything
5) Based off that knowledge, add a small bit of my own stuff, retest and make sure nothing broke
6) Remove/Add more stuff in chunks, retesting, repeat until everything gone/added

For 4, what you don't want is fairly obvious - the dds files, so search the xml to find out where they are referenced (for say the Great Library) and remove it - just the xml, not the image.

For 5, once the GL no longer shows the splash screen, try making one of your new Nat Wonders show the GL splash, then once that works swap the GL art for your own art, retest.

If you get that working, you should be easily able to swap the rest of the artwork and change the xml for the remaining wonders

I started using your modular unit panel and realized a few things that I wish were there:

1 - The ability to capture the shift/alt/ctrl key on the click of the action button; and
2 - The ability to remove (not disable) action buttons from a unit.

Are these possible? Thanks.

As an aside, I noticed you were commenting in the Custom Mission DLL thread. Are you planning on adding that facility into your DLL?

I started using your modular unit panel and realized a few things that I wish were there:

1 - The ability to capture the shift/alt/ctrl key on the click of the action button; and
2 - The ability to remove (not disable) action buttons from a unit.

Are these possible? Thanks.

As an aside, I noticed you were commenting in the Custom Mission DLL thread. Are you planning on adding that facility into your DLL?

Answered my own questions, or at least definitely #1. In my Action method, I added these three lines:
Code:
local bShift = UIManager:GetShift()
local bAlt = UIManager:GetAlt()
local bCtrl = UIManager:GetControl()
And tada.

For the second, I guess an SQL statement to remove the unused action icon from the unit.

Is it my imagination or does OrderPriority not work for Modular Unit Panel? Well, more specifically, it will put it in the proper column, but doesn't allow control beyond that. I've tried an OrderPriority of 1 and 100 and it is always at the bottom of the flyout column.

Top Bottom