Why aren't the leader sayings translated more accurately?

synulia

Chieftain
It seems like no matter the leader, with the exception of very rare cases, the leader translations are very much generalized. Every leader has the translated line of, for example: "How's your little war going? Not well I hope.", as well as many others lines shared by all. I have to wonder why they chose to do that, rather than translate the lines specifically. I understand that perhaps Firaxis themselves don't know the specific meaning of certain lines for more obscure languages, but to go through the effort of voicing and acting the leader lines and to not tell us what they're really saying seems like a missed opportunity.

Is there a way this can be addressed, as best as our knowledge currently stands on the leader lines, through modding or otherwise?

synulia, I've also noticed the incongruity between what is given in writing during many of the diplo screens and what the leaders are actually saying. It is peculiar, and I share your bafflement as to why after (presumably) giving the voice actors lines, Firaxis opted out of providing more accurate and leader-dependent written text.

I have seen mods alter what some of the text in the diplo screens say though so as for your question regarding how it could be addressed I think a skillful mod-maker in conjunction with this thread here

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=398606&highlight=translations
(a thread for leader translations)

could easily provide a solution.

Top Bottom