Why is no one responding to my threads?

Jarek Noschese

Prince Gordon
Why am I so unpopular? I always try to make my threads worth reading, but no one seems to notice them. Is there specifically something I'm doing wrong? If so, how can I address the problem?

Alpha Centauri and Civilization 2 are inactive sections, and speed runs are extremely niche content.

I have had a quick look at your recent threads, and there is nothing wrong with them. Some of them are definitely good contributions to the forum (saying "some", since I didn't check all).
The main issue is that the forums are all not so very active at the moment, especially the older Civ titles. It's sad, but at the end has nothing to do with you.

Why am I so unpopular? I always try to make my threads worth reading, but no one seems to notice them. Is there specifically something I'm doing wrong? If so, how can I address the problem?

Maybe you should move up the Civ tree a bit - CIV is still pretty active, V and VI probably more so, even III still has an active mod community

there are few games so old that still have such a lively community :thumbsup:

Alpha Centauri and Civilization 2 are inactive sections, and speed runs are extremely niche content.
Civ II is still reasonably active, at least with the ToT people. I still post there occasionally.

I’ve noticed the same thing with some of my threads, I guess people just don’t have a strong enough opinions on them to reply. They seem to look, but don’t write anything. It can be irritating, but it is what it is. I’ve noticed this on many other forums, I can start mega threads and then others are clunkers with little or no responses.

Don’t take it personally. I’ve been looking at your threads even before you posted this and thought it was quite neat, but I haven’t played Civ II in a very long time so had nothing to chime in with.

This is some great advice and all, but my real goal is to convince people to do more productive things with their time, nothing else. Specifically, to achieve that, I must get them to stop speed-running NES SMB1, which BTW, has been optimized to the Moon and back. Obviously, no real logistics and strategies have been applied to my conceptual-proof runs (yet), but I wish for that to soon change.

Is there specifically something I'm doing wrong? If so, how can I address the problem?
Nothing wrong indeed.

Civ2 don't have thousands of players nowadays, and as stated speedruns are kind of a niche.

I personally don't quite understand it, yet the important part is for you to have fun, and that's nice of you to share it.

You're posting in a niche within a niche, within a niche of the internet unfortunately.

This is some great advice and all, but my real goal is to convince people to do more productive things with their time, nothing else. Specifically, to achieve that, I must get them to stop speed-running NES SMB1, which BTW, has been optimized to the Moon and back. Obviously, no real logistics and strategies have been applied to my conceptual-proof runs (yet), but I wish for that to soon change.
lmfao! Hell yeah

Top Bottom