why???

geebo

Prince
when a civ is destroyed and its cities are caputured by another civ, then the culture of the destroyed civ disapeears, shoudnt it stay because the people are only being opressed not destroyed ya know, just wondering is their a way to change this or what?

I think its because their Civ is completly gone so the game basicly Zeros them out so that they don't cause any lingering effects. I don't mind it as it removes any resistance or unhappyness due to foreign residents :p

yea that kinds sweet.... but its kind of stubid...because for example just because the Ottoman Empire took over Greece, didnt mean the Greeks lost their culture... there is also many other examples i just think their should be another solution.....

True but unless someone wants to do alot of scripting to change it there is no way that a Civ that has been wiped out will succed from you and start up again. Thats probobly how the justified it.

If the civ is already "out of the game" and can't be brought back (or won't be) then why have it still effect things ingame.

i know but hopefully an expansion pack will implicate civl wars i been wanting them since early Civ III..... ya never know...., but all its effecting is nationality i dont know it just seems that it would be more realistic if france takes germany and their are still some germans in France's Germany, but your right it probably wont ever happen...

I think you could do that in Civ3 too....

Well the Nationality effects the happyness ("We wish to rejoin our homeland" which doesn't exist anymore) as well as some other things i believe.

Probobly wouldn't be hard to mod if you where good with python. which i am not sadly :p

they still have something like "We wish to rejoin our homeland", but it is "we Yearn to join our motherland" check the unhappiness in a city you recently capture even after the revolt is over, expecially if you are still at war with the homeland..., and for the modding i do not know anything lol, but all you are modders are great with your work so i figure i run it by you......

thats what i was saying... after a civ is destroyed (0 score) their citys you took should no longer be Yearning to return to their homeland... thus less unhappiness. I think thats why they did it.

"Your Civilization has been destroyed, Join our culture and be happy or disapear"

true true but still the race never completely disapears,except with extreme genocide, its possible.....but you got a point and thats probably how the creators looked at it also...

On a similar thought, if you could have a system where cities have culture points that are not linked to a specific civ, that would open a lot of possibility.

For instance, cities could generate their own local culture as well as culture linked to their civilization, in two separate pools. If at some point, they have a lot more local culture compared to their civ culture, this could trigger an event where that city (or cities) spawn their own independent civ.

This is what happened to a lot of colonies from England and France after all.

sounds nice i like the idea...more allegiance to the state (city-state) government then to the actual national government...

yes i have seen it but havent had a chance to try it yet...next game i start i will check it out...your composite mod is good also i have tried it for sometime...

nice to hear sounds great... i like the new era especially, though you need to balance it out some, so units don't become obsolete before there even used,thats why i hate the unmodded CIV IV... but ill be waiting for the next version and hopefully you get Mylon's mod working without the bugs....

if you play on the Epic speed in my mod you will have plenty of time to build and have entire wars before units become obsolete :p

Research is slowed down, turn count is increased alot, but all other things (unit construction, GPP, ect) all runs at the same speed it does in a normal game :p

nice so longer more strategic wars...when can we expect the next update?

Top Bottom