Wildlife (Reborn)

Well, amusingly enough, in a recent game I had a Privateer capture a Whale!

Spoiler :

Sadly, barbarians then killed my friendly Whale! :(

Spoiler :

Poor Willy!
Part of that is that Willy doesn't get a 'Native Terrain' Promotion for Ocean. He only gets one for Coast. Looks like I'm going to have to re-jigger the code a bit to account/allow for that for all Aquatic animals.

New Version (6) uploaded to the CFC Database.

The new version
  • cleans the clutter from the ModBehaviorControl.xml file
  • adds a unit-selection and unit-birth sound (courtesy Calcul8or) for the War Dog unit
  • Slightly alters the behavior of the Whale unit to make them a bit more challenging (described in the OP under "Wild Animal Behavior Once Spawned")
  • Ensures that if a 'real' player captures a wild animal unit (insteasd of destroying it) the unit has all the promotions it would otherwise have for increased combat in its 'native' terrains or features.
  • Renames promotions and the like to not step all over DarkScythe's Holo Mod. But I think I need to make one more run through the files to make sure I haven't missed anything in this regard.

Uploaded V7 to the CFC download Database.

• V7 renames the mod to Wildlife (Reborn) in the modinfo file and in the list of mods you will have.
  • V7 also fixes a couple of code boo-boos I introduced somewhere between V4 and V6 as a result of adding flexibility for other things. :sad:feature creep:sad:

I wonder, does this mod fare well with CP ?
It ought to since Azurial originally asked me to make the code for use with a mod he is developing specifically to be used with the CBP/CP/VoxWhatsItsNameNow system.

He never reported to me any failure to work with CP.

Question: is there a way to make it so dinosaurs spawn throughout the entire game?
Uh, yeah, but it would be more complicated than just changing one of the settings in the ModBehaviorControl.xml file as outlined in post #2.

1. You would have to edit the following files in folder ~\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Wildlife (Reborn) (v 7)\XML\Dinos:
    • BasilosaurusUnit.xml
      • This file also contains the info for the Whale, so you'd have to be careful not to edit the Whale info
    • PteranodonUnit.xml
    • TrexUnit.xml
    • TriceratopsEtcUnit.xml
    Within each of those files you would be looking for the designation of:
    Code:
    <ObsoleteTech>TECH_TRAPPING</ObsoleteTech>
    Change it to
    Code:
    <ObsoleteTech>NULL</ObsoleteTech>
    There will be multiple places within each these files where you would need to make the change, except watch out as noted for the Whale unit which you would not want to change (but it won't "hurt" anything if you do).
  2. Then within file ~\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Wildlife (Reborn) (v 7)\ModBehaviorControl/ModBehaviorControl.xml:
    • Change
      Code:
      <ConvertBarbAnimalsWhenAllObsolete>true</ConvertBarbAnimalsWhenAllObsolete>
      to
      Code:
      <ConvertBarbAnimalsWhenAllObsolete>false</ConvertBarbAnimalsWhenAllObsolete>

The mod has been updated to V8 on the CFC download database. This was a "behind the scenes" change to the XML unit-names so that Wildlife (Reborn) and Mez's Jurrassic Wonder mods would not conflict with each other. We were both using UNIT_BASILOSAURUS, for example.

Unit XML-names have been changed to a standardized format of UNIT_SOMETHING_WLR

I also hereby plant my flag upon and claim the acronymic territory known as "WLR" for me, Azurial, and the future prosperity of this mod.

Still having fun with the mod, although I really need to update to the most recent version. Still...

Spoiler :

Gangs of whales are a menace! :p

Top Bottom