Wildmana 6.0 beta

[to_xp]Gekko;8597180 said:
taking a look at some animals special abilities, the numbers still seem wrong somewhere:

giant spiders -> baby spider spawn chance after combat 10 % seems low and so does the 20% baby spiders have to mature into giant. the numbers seem to indicate that they will rarely spawn babies, and the babies are very likely to die before they get a chance to grow bigger. and imho spiders should use this system of kill -> spawn -> kill -> grow a lot more.

You want to destroy my economy, don't you? :lol:

Given that spiders will likely kill a nice amount of barbs at start when barbs are still weak, you probably don't want too much of a chance early on imo. Not only that, but if you get animal husbandry early and capture one, you can prevent your close rivals even getting started. Giant spiders are fantastic for killing other civs warriors and workers early game, and if you have a steady supply of them, you can literally stop other close civs having a chance. I know - I've done it before! :p

If it is increased, then maybe it should only be at a tech like Bronze Working that they can be given a 'spawning promotion' to increase chances of spawning, so they only get it when they aren't at a massive strength advantage to other units.

Oh, and about the dragons getting loyalty in order to be beasts - I disagree, I think you should be able to capture them somehow - because, quite simply, they're cool - and loyalty would completely stop that. I got a couple with my druids! :D There's just something awesome about commanding dragons...

you may be right about giant spiders, but what about baby spiders? they're weak, and 20% chance is very low for them.

spider stealth could get weakened by making them only become invisible after they reach 25% fortify bonus, so that they're visible until they attack ( takes time to burrow )

AI could also get taught to leave a scout here andthere to watch out for them.

Playing as Scions, crash to desktop in beta 3 (the folder it's installed to in the Beyond the Sword mods directory and the desktop shortcut both read "Beta 2", although this is the first version I've installed) on hitting the "Next turn" button.

sorry for these CtDs. I made a small mistake in the code I added in version 3 to prevent OOS.

No need to apologise, it's all part and parcel of the beta shakedown process. :D Anyone choosing to participate should be cognizant that it's an iterative endeavour, and won't spring forth fully formed and immaculate from its coder's head.

No need to apologise, it's all part and parcel of the beta shakedown process. :D Anyone choosing to participate should be cognizant that it's an iterative endeavour, and won't spring forth fully formed and immaculate from its coder's head.

(conjures up images of Peewee's Playhouse's word of the day)

Hmm - with beta 2 (so you may have fixed it), I attacked with a dragon, and the stack I attacked ran onto the same square my dragon was on. Irritating - it let them attack me next turn! lol

edit - Just thought - may be to do with Nox Noctis.

Repeatable CTD....just hit enter. Beta V 3. In addition, the Balasaraphs (how the hell do you spell them?) can't build Loki.

Attachments

• Chinese Girl Hopsing AD-0174.CivBeyondSwordSave
    218.8 KB · Views: 91
BUG Beta V 3: Kuriotates are able to build the unit Hybo on the first turn.

a new version of the Unofficial Patch has been released, it's definitely worth checking out since it's very likely that some ( maybe most ) of the bugs it fixes are also present in FFH. I know that Ahwaric has merged it with an upcoming Orbis patch for example. http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12819

similarly, a new version of Better BTS AI ( 0.82 IIRC ) is out, not sure how useful it is to FFH though :D

Beta 3: I keep having 4-6 barbarian warriors spawn in pairs around my capitol around turn 8, before I can build my first warrior. This is not very survivable--I've now lost three of four games before turn 15. Why have barbarians spawn so early?

Wasn't intented to have them spawn that early. I already set it so that barbarians will only spawn after some time like in BTS (about 20 turns in normal speed).

I started a game as Faeryl, and she is just outrageously overpowered on this setup: her starting scout can kill most of the animals with >95% odds, and since she starts with agriculture, subdue animal is just one tech away. I've played up to about turn 85, and have captured something like 20 animals, cleared about 10 lairs, and built the Grand Menagerie, despite losing a combat 5, subdue animal, bounty hunter scout on a bad defensive roll.

The options at start are a bit wrong - awakening the dragon enables the advanced start box... :p

(Just started using beta 3)

Also, the spider infested mine event gives a barbarian controlled spider rather than a beast controlled spider. (Or it did in beta two)

^^^ for some reason spiders are barbarian.

So I chose Sandolphon, and got Jundal. Not that I mind, but I didn't pick random Sidar, I picked Sandolphon. Also, there is no civ entry for Jundal, and no other leader has the "general" trait, so I can't see exactly what it does.

I'm really enjoying this mod! I appreciate all the extra animals, as it feels like my recon units are actually worth something in later game as opposed to just early scouting and hut-popping. I too was bummed, though, that I couldn't capture a dragon - especially when "subdue beast" netted me a hill giant! Seems like it should be the other way around.

I noticed that the AI seemed rather averse to building wonders. Granted, I was only playing on Noble (because I suck, haha) but the only wonders the AI built were the Pillar of Chains, Perfect Lyre, and Catacomb Libralus, and those were finally built long after the AI got the techs for them. All the others either I built or no one built. This goes for the religious special buildings as well as the normal wonders.

Another little thing was that I had a unit attack and kill a spectre, and then after he won I got the message that "axeman is too afraid to attack". That should probably happen before he wins. ;)

Top Bottom